anyone else ever deal with Aquatilium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeeCee

Feeder Fish
May 6, 2014
NY
Well Paypal came through for me, best of luck to the rest of you who were ripped off by this terrible company.
Glad it worked out for you. Anyone know what I can do to get my money back since paypal is no help to me? Has the company gotten in contact with any of you guys He still hasn't respond to phone calls and emails.

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
I do not know where this vendor is from and being at work i have limited time to research, but maybe a complaint to the better business Bureau (Canada) or the US equivalent is warranted. Depending on exact circumstance, a police report should be filed and possibly initiate a civil suit, depending on the law of the land it may just give him the push he needs to give your money back to avoid the fees. Post your stories on Facebook too.

Conversely, can't say I recommend this, but a quick desktop investigation should yield you his address, people have a harder time lying to someone's face and avoiding them especially if you show up with a couple of your friends. I am surprised he got vendor status on here, is it as simple as paying a fee or did he have a good track record until recently?

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Also, if your PayPal went through your cc and not bank account, or can call your credit card company and issue a dispute, but your dispute would like be with PayPal and you will either get a run around or simply denied, however it is better than nothing right?

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

nit10elions

Feeder Fish
Feb 4, 2013
Nesquehoning, PA
Cuz got his refund (thru paypal dispute) - Aquatilium website is down down. Apparently this guy has been purchasing fish from other vendors and having them shipped to his customers directly.

fbacungan

Feeder Fish
Jan 19, 2009
Kent WA
Well Paypal came through for me, best of luck to the rest of you who were ripped off by this terrible company.
Just a follow up. I filed a complaint through Paypal. They said that they can refund my money if the seller doesn't respond. Lesson learned: Use Paypal! I'm sure they'll also put an end to this scammer's antics.

fbacungan

Feeder Fish
Jan 19, 2009
Kent WA
By the way, for future reference. File a dispute in Paypal's Resolution Center. It's a simple process and took me about 2 minutes. Paypal even reminded me to escalate the issue after two weeks. Paypal then said it will take up to 30 days to get money back.

zenone

Feeder Fish
May 7, 2014
Texas
I find it interesting that paypal handling this differently for each person, still awaiting response on this failed Tropheus purchase.

sogychap

Feeder Fish
Nov 10, 2011
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Same problem. Saw good reviews on aquabid, good stock on YouTube and a sponsor for a respected website, figured not much would go wrong. Placed order in feb close to $300. Delayed several times do to weather and later power outage that caused loss of stock which they were waiting to restock. Then more delays do to passover jury duty....and finally website gets taken down, not responding to calls and emails. I trust this is a small business that wasn't ready to be one. At the end of the day I am out a lot if money, paypal didn't address my complaint since it was out of the 45 day window. I would like to know if anyone got their order in this year and were happy with the transaction.
I first saw Westcoast exotic tropicals/ Aquatilium, on Aquabid. I won 3 different bids and payed for them. They sent 2 fish and said third fish wasn't up to par and will ship later. That was in October. I then put in an order for 3 more fish and payed for them. They were supposed to ship, but they moved facilities. Then they promised shipment, so I ordered a couple more fish to make my show tank complete. They emailed me that they had to change shippers. So many excuses, super frustrating! I never had to deal with anything like this before. I've given them $460 for 2 fish! I've sent over 50 emails to them and am exhausted with it! The last email I sent to them, I wrote that if I don't hear from them in a week, I will take legal action. Is everyone else, that is getting screwed, just writing off what they payed these guys? :irked: Any help will appreciated.

sogychap

Feeder Fish
Nov 10, 2011
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Just wanted to add my frustration to the mix. I live an hour away and wanted to pick up the fish, they told me no problem just had to pay upfront. Spent $160 with this company and got nothing but the run around. Same as all the others, constant promises of being in contact and then nothing. When I asked what the deal was they finally told me they had a power loss and most of their stock was dead. Promised me replacements were already ordered and on there way. BS!!

I'm currently waiting on Paypal and hoping for the best.
Paypal and my visa company can't do anything for me because its been to long.
I'd ,ove the address to these guys and make a visit with some friends. No violence, I just want my money back (or the fish which I'm sure they don't have).
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store