Anyone ever managed to have crawfish in their tank??

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
If they don't get ate you can probably expect to see nip marks on your fish eventually if there isn't enough for them to eat. They'll probably survive molting if they haven't been ate already since when they molt they'll do it when they're completely sealed up in a barrow.. or in the case of a tank, under a rock or deep in the substrate.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
I used to have marbled crayfish and red swamp crayfish spawning in my koi pond until I put the gar in then the gar just eat them all.

CichlidScotty

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2009
Saskatchewan, Canada
None of my fish are bottom-dwellers....and I'm amazed my shark/knifefish haven't eaten any of these crawfish.....the biggest is 3" and there's about 50 in there atleast (cuz these can have babies by just keeping 1 alone) all they ever do is search the tank for wasted food and take it back into the castle

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
That cigar shark is awesome. I had a few years ago scientific name is leptobarbus hoeveinni they are a type of barb or cyprinind.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I gave some to my puffers yesterday. They are gone today!

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Libpete

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2013
England
Ive had two blue yabby crays, awesome but creepy little critters, one with 3 red belly piranhas. Just need a place to hide when they molt. They never bothered him as he was hard as nails, look Photo-0031.jpg

Photo-0031.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store