anyone ever seen this line on an aro

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
no definatly not table salt. it has to be non iodized salt. I use pond salt because its cheaper than aquarium salt and is exactly the same thing. petsmarts have it at a good price. I run about a tablespoon per 10 gallons of water at all times and I have never had a disease. In times of stress most fish do very well at 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons but scaleless fish can be sensitve to this amount. if you are not running any salts I would add a tablespoon for every 10 gallons as a normal regiment. just remember that the salt only leaves when you do water changes so you have to re add salt for the amount of water you removed. It does look like lld to me but i am no expert. and if its going away I would just make sure your water is very clean and see if it clears up.

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
here is a good link for calculating the amount you need in cups or somthing so you don't have to measure out 15 tablespoons

xxblwn408

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2005
iN A sMALL pADDeD RoOm
It looks normal to me. If you want to add salt, just add 1 tbl spoon for every 5g. But like I said it looks normal. Remember every fish looks a little diffrent.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Looks like a nice aro to me :)

DrBranDo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2006
Canada
nice black aro.

I believe the line your are refering are the dots on the 3rd scale and all aros have those right?

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
my aros all have this line but they are not as noticable as all of yours I quess. I can barely see it on my black

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store