Anyone into ball pythons ? Oh Lucy!!!!!!!

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
It is very strange that they would die so quickly but stress can and will kill them extremely fast! My friend was stupid and bought herself a king but carried it around with her everywhere she went until she went to bed and the next day it was dead. I even told her not to bc all that stress would kill it but she didn't listen

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Matt S

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Mass
Out of curiosity, why is it okay to feed a normal ball python that is healthy but not one with mutations that is healthy?
My point is this its complete and total stupidity to feed a morph ball python to a snake that you can easily sell for $500 to $700 with no problem unless it died!!! If you have to feed him ball pythons why would you feed that to him and he only gets one meal....? When you could sell that snake and it would pay for many many more meals for him!!! You buy a pied your not getting it any cheaper then $500... When you can buy a normal for $40.. Which is why it makes no sense so there are two plausible reason that he was feed that snake one it was a sick snake deformed or dead already ... Or two the owner of the cobra just wants to feel good about himself and feed his cobra something like that to draw attention to himself and his snake like he's all big and bad.. In the end it's not reasonable... There are more plausible methods when you own a snake of that magnitude and responsibility.... There must be a contact that sells feeder snakes for stuff like that.......but In the end I could careless it's not my snake....

gutterflower

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2012
trinidad
Hi guys, was wondering if anyone can give me a specific identification of my ball python, I believe he is a common, love his pattern (mainly because he doesn't have the typical alien face). But just wanted to be certain that he is in fact a common.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1410645804.140015.jpg

gutterflower

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2012
trinidad
So my pastel has not eaten since I bought him just under three weeks ago. The normal is eating like a glutton. Today I was handling them, I put the pastel back in his enclosure and he pooped, very liquid. Should I be worried?

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1410739481.522654.jpg

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
What's the enclosure like? Hot and cold end temps, hides, is it a screentop? I've never had a snake
poo out liquid like that and you're right, it does look a bit thin :/ before we assume it's something internal, you wanna make sure all temps and humidity are spot on cuz those can cause them to digest improperly.

gutterflower

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2012
trinidad
Screen top exo terra terrarium. Two hides, half hide is above the under tank heater, cork hide at cool side. Temp at the under tank heater hide reads 84-86 while other areas in the enclosure including the cork hide reads 77-80. He is a very active snake just skinny, he smells the pinkie mice when offered but doesn't seem interested in taking it. Left a tiny mouse with him a day and a night and he never attempted to eat it. They even slept together in the same hide. I know that was a risk I took leaving live prey in with him, but I wasn't sure what else to try. Some books and websites suggest force feeding as a last resort, should I attempt this? Before he gets too weak or sick....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store