Anyone keep Dichotomyctere sabahensis?

xenacanth9

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2021
1635886852831.png
Who here has kept Dichotomyctere sabahensis? They are very similar to GSP, and maybe even a tiny bit smaller. I believe the "common" (I say that in quotes, because there is nothing "common" about these) name is the saba puffer. These are in all likelihood, sometimes caught and sold as GSP. There could be some of you right now who have sabas and don't even know it. Come to think of it, it's possible that even I myself have kept these, and just did not know at the time. Any info is appreciated :thumbsup:

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Man, also, side note, WTH happened to Pufferpunk Pufferpunk ???
We need you!!
Still on the puffer forum I think, but hasn’t been active here in a while.
View attachment 1477901
Who here has kept Dichotomyctere sabahensis? They are very similar to GSP, and maybe even a tiny bit smaller. I believe the "common" (I say that in quotes, because there is nothing "common" about these) name is the saba puffer. These are in all likelihood, sometimes caught and sold as GSP. There could be some of you right now who have sabas and don't even know it. Come to think of it, it's possible that even I myself have kept these, and just did not know at the time. Any info is appreciated :thumbsup:
Cool! Haven’t heard of these! I think it looks different enough not to be easily confused, but I can really see the resemblance.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store