anyone seen this crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VVateverzYo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2007
boston
im just saying ur getting heated for something a dumbass did and u apparently cant kick his ass online so why get heated

frasertheking

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2007
scotland
i would not have minded if the fish had died .

sure its an odd choice of feeder.

i would be just as pissed if there was a vid of a goldfish being nibbeld for 2 min :irked:

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
Nova 8;817431; said:
I can understand where both sides are coming from, when I first saw that video it made me feel ill, its animal cruelty and the guy should be punished. I don't get how anyone could treat any fish like that.

This is exactly what delgado is saying, why does it matter if it is an Aro or a goldfish, what, just cause you guy like aros more. Does this mean Goldfish can't fell pain, don't they fell pain like an arowana does, doesn't it hurt them to get rippped apart slowly by a school of P's, I guess not, just cause aro's are "cooler". Goldfish also hold a high place in Asian culture along with the arowana, they are equally special in thier own ways.

This is way I quote you Red Devil, not to single you out but it proves a point. How does a fishes position on the foodchain deceide if it can be ripped to shreads or not, it doesn't. Also, if you are getting eaten, wether an Aro or a human, you are lower on the foodchain at that moment in time then what ever is eatting you. Arowanas aren't top either, I would imagine a school of P's in the wild would be on top of an aro, and everything is below us. We are the only spieces in the world capable of causing the extinction of an other.

To all those who have said P's suck due to this, although you may not like P's it is the human mentaility that sucks not the fish. For all those who have said its cruel to feed an aro to P's, (I know it was cruel and slow) have you every fed your aro live feeders. To all those who said that the guy should be punished in one extreme or another, I agree, and the punishment should be through the law.

i love how there is always someone that understands what im trying to say even if i dont know how to put it in undersatandable means.

see there i go again :ROFL:

the thoughts are correct but i just have trouble translating them into proper english :ROFL: :screwy:

big train

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2006
Chesapeake V.A.
That was a slow painful death for the aro a crappy way to go imo they could have at least made it humain for the aro could'a chopped his head of befor the feeding but i know it would not have been a popular utube video if they had i guess thay's why they did what they did.

frnchjeep

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2006
Ct
DeLgAdO;817028; said:
explain

you would want him to be fed pirahnas because they ate a fish you love.

but its ok to fed goldfish to p's because they come a dime a dozen (metaphore)?
:screwy:

do you not understand that there are goldfish fanatics that are just as passionate about goldfish as we are with silvers?

this does not justify it as "wrong" without affecting anothers view.
ok, where do I start.

1. comets arent by any means endangered.
2. comets arent picked at for 5 minutes before being killed.
3. comets arent in high demand in the hobby.
4. did you notice that the video ended just as the aro stopped fighting(sounds like a little more than just a feeding).
5. if his intention wasnt to videotape torture, he would have fed the p's goldfish. Actually, I personally think that he was expecting more of a fight out of the aro. Just another point to prove that this wasnt just simple feeding.

What this person did is no better than dog fighting, cock fighting, or the running of the bulls. Try to think of it from the feeder's point of view. If you were a goldfish, being atacked by p's would be like being hit by a train. Fast and simple. If you were the aro, being atacked by p's would be like having your legs run over by a lawnmower. Slow and painful with the feeling of hopeless desperation.

MistirE

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2007
Hawaii
frnchjeep;818695; said:

this wasnt just simple feeding.

What this person did is no better than dog fighting, cock fighting, or the running of the bulls. Try to think of it from the feeder's point of view. If you were a goldfish, being atacked by p's would be like being hit by a train. Fast and simple. If you were the aro, being atacked by p's would be like having your legs run over by a lawnmower. Slow and painful with the feeling of hopeless desperation.

I agree with these parts of his statements.....goldfish are animals but are considered a feeder food by the standard or intelligence.....also feeder are usually in great number cause they DO get weeded out in the wild, however it still is a life.....and is in the eye of the beholder on weather it is right nor wrong. But also put into perspective about a cat and a mouse, some people love mice.......some hate them......is anyone right? Matters on culture, personal understandings, etc. Anyhow, in the end part of this statement......It's just how you view it...."the eye of the beholder"
Personally mine are mine, and will be fine with some and not others, just an ongoing disagreement.......the only way to really win is to keep your PERSONAL feeling quiet and to yourself............;)

Nova 8

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2007
South Australia
frnchjeep;818695; said:
ok, where do I start.

3. comets arent in high demand in the hobby.
4. did you notice that the video ended just as the aro stopped fighting(sounds like a little more than just a feeding).
5. if his intention wasnt to videotape torture, he would have fed the p's goldfish. Actually, I personally think that he was expecting more of a fight out of the aro. Just another point to prove that this wasnt just simple feeding.

Are you telling me if you put in a foot long comet the P's would have eaten it faster :screwy: , the Aro didn't fight back it tried to escape. (Are Silver Arowanas endangered, by USA doesn't that mean you are legally not allowed to keep them as pets, ie like Asians Arowanas) The P's were young and only took off the aros fins, this would be no different if it were a goldfish.
How does a demand on an animal deciede how it should be treated, I have 2 pure bred Boxers and 1 mungrel, is it more acceptable to hit the mungrel with a stick cause its not in high demand, NO!

MistirE;818729; said:
I agree with these parts of his statements.....goldfish are animals but are considered a feeder food by the standard or intelligence.....also feeder are usually in great number cause they DO get weeded out in the wild, however it still is a life.....and is in the eye of the beholder on weather it is right nor wrong. But also put into perspective about a cat and a mouse, some people love mice.......some hate them......is anyone right? Matters on culture, personal understandings, etc. Anyhow, in the end part of this statement......It's just how you view it...."the eye of the beholder"
Personally mine are mine, and will be fine with some and not others, just an ongoing disagreement.......the only way to really win is to keep your PERSONAL feeling quiet and to yourself............;)
This thread is about personal feelings and disgust, how can you keep them out of it? I would consider Aros feeders if someone was breeding them and feeding them off to Oscars at a small size, just like people do with cons, is this a good thing, no, would/should this be different if it were a goldfish, NO.

I personally believe the only way fish should be fed to other fish in the our hobby is via culls or if they breed in a tank and get fry get eaten by tank mates.

I am in no way agreeing with what was done in this video, I am merly defending the rights of the comman goldfish.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Hear Hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store