Anyone train an eel to eat pellets?

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
Arent true eels weird. Sorry bout not knowing this was in the salt water section. Im on my phone and don't really look at sections..... Plus salt isnt that common on here ;)

Sent from my cave

Durrells

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2012
Beavercreek, OH
Arent true eels weird. Sorry bout not knowing this was in the salt water section. Im on my phone and don't really look at sections..... Plus salt isnt that common on here ;)

Sent from my cave
+1
Sorry man! And you are absolutely correct about them not be true eels.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

scalesandfins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
sportsmans paradise
No biggy guys. I appreciate the posts. It's better than no one posting!

sent from below the water line

dat673

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2009
Washington, DC
Nice your eel eats pellets. I would invest in a lid my smiwflake eel escaped once before secured it with a brick on top. He used to swim at the top of tank at night day time he would be at the bottom. He was nearly 30" gave it to a friend for $20 because I got a yellowhead eel and he doesn't secure the tank comes home and he's on the floor dried up. ESCAPE ARTIST

scalesandfins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
sportsmans paradise
Na. Mine literally never leaves the rocks, not even if food is too far away from his hole. I only ever see the top half of his body.

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
My small white eyed moray loves to eat sinking pellets...the snowflake looks like it is starting to, but still hesitant. None of the other eels I have eat pellets though.

scalesandfins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
sportsmans paradise
I knew I couldn't be the first lol.
That snow flake doesn't look.very successful.

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
Never made an attempt to get my eels on pellets but I am going to try. Frozen food is starting to mess with my water quality. It's mostly Rods and LRS for the reef and not the eels food.

My 2 snowflakes never showed intrest. My chainlink eats floating and sinking. He just sucks at finding the food. My white lipped ate carnivore sticks today from tongs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store