Anyone use a sieve filter on the aquariums?

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
You can't fool me....that's not a 66cuda!
Can't wait to see it hooked up. Is the pipes color coded? Trying to figure it out. Green for poo water. Copper for return. But section in front of pump????

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Wait....pressure (copper) vs gravity (green)?

Def Leppard Hysteria

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2005
Omaha, NE
you have quite some nice stock of FRTs.. you manage to keep 3 in one tank?? sorry for the derail.. but love how you painted all the PVCs.. looks soo much better than white and fooled us all..
FRT's are EXTREMELY aggressive towards their own kind when they start to mature. You'll often see numerous bite marks on the shells and necks of specimen in giant aquariums in zoos.

Reedmaster16

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2005
Ohio
Looking forward to hearing how the sieve install and flow rate tuning goes. Keep us posted.

During your research phase did you look into the Zakki sieve at all? Its a direct suction sieve instead of a gravity or pump fed sieve.

The turn off for me with gravity sieves has been the need for a bottom drain for maximum efficiency with waste removal.

Last edited:

Bb66cuda

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2006
San Jose, CA
Yes I looked into the zakki sieve, but didn't seem to think it would work well with the tanks overflows. I will basically have a sump with a 4" bottom drain that all the tanks will feed into before going to the Cetus.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store