Anyone work/volunteer in a zoo/aquarium?

oceanobsession289

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2007
Monterey, CA
I have worked or volunteered at a handful of different places around the country including the Oregon Coast Aquarium and Minnesota Zoo. I have been very fortunate to of spent the last year working as an aquarist at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, amazing place to be and such a humbling experience!!!

oceanobsession289

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2007
Monterey, CA
Zoodiver;4300735; said:
If anyone is looking for a real aquarist job, I'm looking to add a staff member at the aquarium in Miami. I'm picky about backgrounds/experience though. Looking for someone with at LEAST a year of public aquarium/zoo work - more would be better. My team covers 16 jewel displays, 2 quarantine areas (about to open a third), 10,000 gallon stingray touch pool, 260,000 live reef (largest live Atlantic reef display in the world) and a 600,000 shark display. Pay isn't much ($9 hr starting), long and odd hours, lots of physical labor, must be dive certified, knowledge of Atlantic fish, disease ID and treatments, know open and closed LSS, be able to do public presentations, lift 50 lbs, drug free and all the normal stuff, blah blah blah..... We also help with the manatee and sea turtle rescue team.

Shoot me a PM and I'll give you details and get a copy of your resume/cover letter.
Sorry Matt, you can't afford me anymore. Haha!!! :D ;)

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
oceanobsession289;4310731; said:
Sorry Matt, you can't afford me anymore. Haha!!! :D ;)
Maybe, but who else can offer you sharks like you know I can? :D

(PS - Send me a resume, I need some good solid aquarists!!)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store