APISTOGRAMMA AND OTHER NEW WORLD DWARF CICHLIDS

F.F. Julio

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2010
ohio
I own breeding groups of A. Hongsloi (my favorite), A. Mcmasteri, and A. Caucatoidies, and I truly love these dwarfs. They are brightly colored and my mcmasteri seem to breed after every waterchange. I have found that you can pick up really nice apistos for decent prices on aquabid, I picked up 3 pairs of caucatoidies for 45 dollars including shipping.

quicklynx

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2009
Maryland
I just picked up my Cacatoos the yesterday and I love them. I have a male and female. I put a couple of "beer" cups in the tank to see if tey use those for breeding. From the looks of the pictures, the female is quite beautiful when shes in her breeding mode. That yellow is nice and bright.

I'm currently searching for some Steel Blues. If anyone knows where I can find some please let me know.

pjrichar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2010
indiana
im an lookin for some apisto cacs... double red ,,orange flash...etc.. any have any for sale let me know

HiImSean

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2007
kennesaw, ga
i got six F1 A. agassizii this weekend. they're pretty awesome so far. they're only 1" but showing very cool behavior.

lotuslady

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2009
china
lOVE THAT FISH, Japes!
I have a male apistogramma with two so called females but judging from behaviour, they are passive males. lots of fighting and whatever I do to catch the small male, he is just too clever to catch...

KEEPitSTUPID

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2010
North-East England
my head is a puddle from attempting to take in every word, thanks for sharing!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store