Aquaclear impeller problems.

rlane

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Morristown, NJ
Please help, I have an aquaclear 70 on one of my tanks and I am having non stop problems with the filter. The motor keeps quitting on me. I have had had a number of aquaclear a over the years and have never had any issues but this is getting very frustrating. I have taken the motor off a number of times, clean it all out and I have even applied Vaseline on the magnet to grease it. No matter what I try, I can't keep the motor running. When I plug it in it will fire up for a few seconds then cuts out. If I give the impeller a little touch it will fire up again but it quits a few seconds later. I do have sand in the tank, can that be a cause of my issues? Please give me any advice, I can't keep this thing running.

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
Sounds like the motor is bad.you can clean out the hole in the impeller.the shaft or internal stuff in the motor could be bad.you can Buy just a motor replacement

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
Amazon sells ac 70motors for about $15.00 I believe

clgkag

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
missouri
I would check the impeller shaft for wear before I replace the motor. Sand has probably worn down the shaft and it isn't spinning straight causing it to stop. It is an easy and cheap fix.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store