aquaculture blue tanks with viewing window

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Dangerous. I had no idea about these….. Yikes :)

For the guy who wants a show tank - Easy - just build a facade around the front, hiding all but the window.
The blue sides inside - how would you hide that, though, without taking up 1/2 the tank with rockworK?

KAWAMIKIE

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2010
New Jersey
Dangerous. I had no idea about these….. Yikes :)

For the guy who wants a show tank - Easy - just build a facade around the front, hiding all but the window.
The blue sides inside - how would you hide that, though, without taking up 1/2 the tank with rockworK?
If you don't like blue you could coat with black epoxy or silicone a flat sheet 3d background inside.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Yes
I already have a sheet of acrylic 1.5" x 50" x 100". I would build it out of wood and fiberglass it then seal with epoxy. I'm just debating what size to make it.
Oh, OK. I thought you were talking about and all fiberglass molded design.

Shonin

Feeder Fish
Jul 20, 2020
Xander had a fiberglass tank. I don't think it was made by Aquatico though.
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?501606-The-750-gal-has-arrived

I have a 405 gallon. It is very sturdy. We made a steel "stand" for it, but decided it was not necessary because the tank is so sturdy. We haven't set up our main tank, so our sump tank has just been collecting dust for over 4 years. The window is 54 1/2" x 19" on our 405 gallon.

I agree about checking door widths before purchasing one of these tanks. Unless you have French doors, or a sliding door, or are going to put the tank in a garage, the tanks won't fit through a standard sized door opening. We got ours in the equipment room before the walls were framed in.

Hi,

From the product description I understood the fiber thickness is 5mm. Any idea what's the thickness of acrylic front window?

Thank you

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store