Aquarium 2.70x1.60x0.70 (3000 liter - 800 gallons)

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Yep, how about some updates. Are the walls still holding? Fingers crossed for you!

Sjoeerd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2009
Netherlands
www.roggenforum.nl
Yes, the walls are still holding ;) Before filling is also measured everything. But the beams aren’t doing anything. They didn’t lower any mm. So hopefully it stays like this ;).

I filled the tank and then tested it for a few days. I noticed that one of the Tricklefilters leaked. It’s a manufacturing defect. So now im waiting for a new one. I also tested the tank with a Kinshi 12.000 liter pump. For me the output flow was to low, so now I orderd a 18.000 pomp :cool:

I installed the heater in the tank. I will be connected to the central heating in the house with his own thermostat.

Now the tank is empty again and yesterday I started with the 3D background. Eventually the heater will also be covered in background.

And….. I finished the woodwork under the tank and painted it white. I only need some LED-lights under there, but that’s not for now.

Enjoy the pics. Hopefully some updates soon again. Im a few days off now, so I might finish the background soon and start filling again!

Wow it really does look big with someone standing in it!!! Looks really nice, are you going to hide that big ugly* plumbing with the 3d background?
* the plumbing itself isn't ugly, its actually really nice looking plumbing, its just far too obvious!!
Scroll down and see the answer !

Truly amazing build, the tank looks great and the work on it is so precise and professional. i love it. Not digging the disc though a little too much bubbles for my taste. I can't help but wondering why you decided to make it elevated from the ground? I mean if you extended it down to the floor it would've given you extra water volume and space and a larger viewing area of course.
It’s elevated because I didn’t want to have anymore weight on the walls. Im living on the 4th floor. Maby in my next house ;)

En zit ie al vol of nog aan het vullen haha. ziet er strak, uit geen lekkages gehad??

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Heel klein lekje bij de koppeling, maar dat is gelukkig opgelost!

This is art for sure! So proffessional! What do we get out of this? USE TIME! This build has not bin rushed at all, and this is the outcome! Truely amazing build! Very nice Sjoeerd!:D I go into the DIY section every day, just to check if there has bin any update on this build!
Use time, I totally agree that !!! But everything might have gone faster if my private life sucked and I woudn’t go out so much :p
But I Promise that in the next few weeks there will be some more updates !

Briljant opgelost om het gewicht over je muren te verdelen inplaats van de vloer. Heel netjes

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Bedankt !

Super project. Well thought out. What is the approximate cost of the project?
Too much already, hahaha !

I just read over your post, and was wondering, Did u fiberglass over all your plywood, or was that just epoxy paint?

I was thinking of building something similar, but i was going to use 4x4 angle iron for a frame. Then just bolt in the plywood and front viewing window.

I think yours woud look much nicer thou
I only used fiberglass in the corners. It’s not nessecary to use it on the walls.

Your build shows the following:

1. How little money I actually have to do something this incredible
2. How little time I actually I have to do something this fantastic.
3. how little ability I actually have to do something this wonderful.

Thanks for making me feel like crap!

Your tank is beautiful and a should be a benchmark for aesthetic beauty and modern design in fishkeeping today.
Nice post ! Made me really laugh !!! Just save some money every month and make some time. It’s the way I did it and I also completed it.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Looks like it, I was wondering the same thing! It looks like there is an outlet next to it so I guess it will have plenty of water movement. I guess you are going to cover it with something so the rays don't burn themselves on it?

Looks amazing too, getting me all excited about my next tank!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store