Aquarium 2.70x1.60x0.70 (3000 liter - 800 gallons)

muttley000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
West Unity, OH
It are 3 HEA 140 beams. The the beams has 14cm of bearing surface. The total weight of the tank will be around 3000 kilograms. Zo each bearing surface will have to carry around 500 kilograms. I think that will be no problem.
I agree. Great idea and looking forward to it coming together

Ramesh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Earth
Great build, you Monster fish keepers in Europe do not "F"around and this build looks like it will be another top notch build.
Please keep us all posted.

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
You totally nailed it with the beams! Damn i think i hate you now, you did what i didnt dare to do :) Nice start on this build! Those beams will give you sooo much space under that tank(was my idea aswell).. Dang, now i regret going with wood..You have the exact same measurements on the tank that i have, exept mine is 30cm higher, you can check it out "1200 gallon tank officialy started).

swarm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2009
Australia
Those beams would cost a small fortune wouldn't they ?

Sjoeerd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2009
Netherlands
www.roggenforum.nl
You totally nailed it with the beams! Damn i think i hate you now, you did what i didnt dare to do :) Nice start on this build! Those beams will give you sooo much space under that tank(was my idea aswell).. Dang, now i regret going with wood..You have the exact same measurements on the tank that i have, exept mine is 30cm higher, you can check it out "1200 gallon tank officialy started).
I've seen your tread, great build!
I really like the beams, as you said.. it gives alot of space :). But i needed to use the beams, otherwise the floor would not carry the weight.

Those beams would cost a small fortune wouldn't they ?
Less then you think ;) Around 500 euro's in total.

I cannot really give you a real update yet. Im still finishing the rest of the house before i can start building on the fishtank. The constructing of the house is taking longer then i expected.

Allthough i painted some walls and i completed the frame in my bedroom :) In two weeks my new fridge will be deliverd. 200 liter fridge specially for the fishfood :p.

And next week i will be picking up my first filter. It will be an Aquaforte shower filter. I need to see how it fits in the room, but probably i will take two of these filters. And soon i will also order my beadfilter.

When the time is there.... i will post enough pictures :)

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store