Aquarium Anonymus Setup Thread (96x36x36)

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I was just going to say something about that ball valve...... I've never seen a 3"er. That's friggin sweet!!! I dig the big simple single drain.

Sump design looks very interesting.

What kind of monster UV?

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Looks like you certainly have an idea what you are doing! I wouldnt even know where to get ball valves unions and other bits and pieces for that size plumbing. Keep up the good work!

AdamW

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2013
Hartselle,Al
I was just going to say something about that ball valve...... I've never seen a 3"er. That's friggin sweet!!! I dig the big simple single drain.

Sump design looks very interesting.

What kind of monster UV?

Hagen Laguna 28 watt UV. The sump is going to be filter socks,a fluidized bed, and floss. I don't know how good or bad it will work, but I made a plan and going to stick to it for now. From what I have seen I should be fine if not over filtered( If there is such a thing). You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a 3" ball valve....haha

AdamW

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2013
Hartselle,Al
I forgot about that..yeah there will be a drip system with an overflow in the sump. I am aiming for about 2.5 gph.That should be replacing the water every 11 days or so. Thanks for the links to the socks! Like I said,I am fairly new to this. Any help will be appreciated.

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Solid looking setup :thumbup:

Make sure to keep us up to date :D

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
About 4 years ago I bought a betta from petsmart in a fish bowl. A week later the betta was in a 5.5g with heaters/filtration. Fast forward and im putting a 90g in the kitchen of my apartment not much larger than a studio. In addition to a gaggle of smaller tanks.

build looks awesome. Love the large pipe.

Is that a 3" durso? So much cooler than running tons of 1" drains

AdamW

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2013
Hartselle,Al
Lost the trees and replaced with a better hiding spot for The big red machine. I will update with pics later to show the whole system.

20140906_144745.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store