aquatop cf500 virtually no flow?

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Oh, are you certain your top tray is in alignment with the input/output of the canister's head?

Make sure each tray is properly seated to get properly alignment. If not, the head and body won't close properly....which can result in a poor seal

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
I took it apart and everything seems to be in order. I called the company this morning. They will be sending me a replacement with a return box/postage paid. That's excellent news, this thing has been a headache.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Interestingly enough--i found 10 LIVING ghost shrimp in the filter. That was shocking.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Ok--I just took it apart again to be 100% positive that it wasn't a user error. Nothing is amiss. I even removed most of the media (there was already very little) and all of the polishing pads. It still isn't doing much at all. The unit must be defective.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I took it apart and everything seems to be in order. I called the company this morning. They will be sending me a replacement with a return box/postage paid. That's excellent news, this thing has been a headache.
Good to hear!

Aquatop is just an American rebrand of Sunsun. Between a fish buddy and myself, we own 8 of these canisters and have yet to have any issues. FYI, if you buy under the Sunsun brand, it'll save you about $50

nossalucard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
North Carolina
Take out any FINE media you may have it it. Fine Media is a really BAD idea for canister filters, as it up's you maintenance by at least 50% more often. Mine run 60-90 days as Bio Only (Matrix and Substrat Pro) with prefilter on the intake. Rinse intake prefilter once per week. Oh yeah, and DITCH the spraybar, you dont need it, and it RESTRICTS FLOW MAJORLY...

I have 5 of them(304/404) and no problems as long as not over stuffed, or using too much fine media (white pads),,,

nossalucard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
North Carolina
Also, to prime these filters (assuming hoses arent too long)

Fill at least 3/4 to 95% of the way. Reassemble motor to to the body. Pump primer slowly 3 times, hold button down on third pump, and bubbles will exit exit hose and canister will fill.

I've NEVER had to reprime mine but I fill it 95% before I reassemble, which is only once every 90 days...

calibigrob

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2012
Worldwide
Also, to prime these filters (assuming hoses arent too long)

Fill at least 3/4 to 95% of the way. Reassemble motor to to the body. Pump primer slowly 3 times, hold button down on third pump, and bubbles will exit exit hose and canister will fill.

I've NEVER had to reprime mine but I fill it 95% before I reassemble, which is only once every 90 days...
Mine was having super slow flow til i clean the tube n had all this good **** come out After being clean works like new

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store