• Diy

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Skurj

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2013
GTA Ontario Canada
My python leaks where the tube part swivels I have to put rags over the connector at the tap or water sprays around the bathroom.. I bought the aqueon fitting to try just haven't got around to it.

The_Don

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2013
New york
Depending on how well it is done, a diy would easily be the best. But not everyone has the time or patience to set it all up, so I'm going with the python.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Guys do you know if this can be attached to a shower nozzle or similar? My taps dont have the thread to attach it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
I use my garden hose, but always run the water a bit to clear out stagnant water inside the hose.

I use my bypass valve on the 2262 to drain the tank and back flush the filter,(fx5 has one too) and use garden hose to fill it up after running the hose a few minutes.

Never had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
I haven't used the Python. The Aqueon has been very reliable and is easy to use.

CherryBarb.ie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2014
Minnesota
I love the Aqueon one. I used the Python in the past and the way you have to turn and push the nozzle to fill a tank sprayed water everywhere. The Aqueon doesn't do that. Even though the connectors are plastic they fit better than the Python on the faucet.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store