Arapaima Eye Wound

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
He is eating fine and body language is normal. Eye shape looks normal but a piece of skin connected to the internal skin of the paima looks injures. I have no idea what to do. ?
Should eventually heal up. Not sure if there will be any residual probs or not.

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
By the looks of it, seems that we are not of much help. It may get better with time Or remain like that. I would not worry if it's eating and acting normally. Whatever caused it, The damage has been done and we can just hope it gets better.
Try giving it good food and frequent water changes.
Good luck ?

Reactions: Gpdriftwood

ifarhanhaq

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2019
By the looks of it, seems that we are not of much help. It may get better with time Or remain like that. I would not worry if it's eating and acting normally. Whatever caused it, The damage has been done and we can just hope it gets better.
Try giving it good food and frequent water changes.
Good luck ?
Yes he is acting normal and eating fine. Im kinda Sus sometimes he could have banged into my Ripsaw ? have no idea.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sad sight to see and I'm afraid there isn't much that you can do besides leaving it alone and giving it a chance to self correct/heal.I certainly wouldnt risk further damage by trying to push on it or something without knowing exactly what is going on behind the eye...can you get us a shot of the paima in the tank,at worst you may wind with a fish with a dropeye.

ifarhanhaq

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2019
Sad sight to see and I'm afraid there isn't much that you can do besides leaving it alone and giving it a chance to self correct/heal.I certainly wouldnt risk further damage by trying to push on it or something without knowing exactly what is going on behind the eye...can you get us a shot of the paima in the tank,at worst you may wind with a fish with a dropeye.
I transfered him to my 6ft temporarily for now. Few of my colleagues recommended me to use EIHO kana Plus to prevent any bacteria or fungus spreading on the wound and to monitor the eye. Till we get a proper solution from someone who experienced something similar to this and treated.

20211228_162237.jpg

Reactions: Bbuckley
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store