staten island new york
The TRUST said:
I have no arapaimas......yet :D
but can I join anyways? :D
me2

Jaeger

Feeder Fish
May 5, 2005
Man I would LOVE to get one these babies...

Count me in :grinyes:

If I can ever afford an outdoor pond, these babies will definitely make it to the list!!

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
well, some ppl seem to keep them in 500gs easily enough... who cares if a fish actually has room to move, right? :\

viper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
YOU SHOULD TRY TO FEED THEM LARGE PIECES OF MARKET FISH AND LARGE SHRIMP.I WOULD ALWAYS FEED MY ARO LARGE PIECES OF FISH WITH TONGS AND THEY LOVED IT PLUS WOULD SAVE A WHOLE LOT OF MONEY FEEDERS ARE NOT GOOD FOR ANY FISH I EVEN HAVE MY ATF AND GAR EATING MARKET FROZEN FOOD

buddah101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania
Not too recently, about 1998, I went on a fishing trip to S/A and went fishing for peacock bass and seen an Arapaima try for a small nosey monkey on a low branch. It overshot the branch and the guide started a hollerin' "MoNkEy FiSh!!" I knew what it was but this was definately not an arowanna AKA: monkeyfish. We did end up catching an arowanna that day but it wasnt that impressive and had alot of scales missing. I didn't see an Oscar the whole trip..bummer but I did see the biggest black rohm in my whole life though! It was on the Orinoco river. stinky mudddy place, it should be called. I only have 35mm shots of the trip. I don't have a scanner though.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
what it cost for you to go down on your trip if you dont mind me asking. and who did u line it up threw

notatus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 13, 2005
Biggest i have is about 24 inches. They are definately gentle giants. I have them with much smaller fish and they never bother them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store