Arapaima gigas var. “Axanthic” ???

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
That's why I'm asking, said that only 1 is left, and for the pics it's kinda, I mean, I'm not sure and I'm really asking for help for this one. I might get it. I'm gonna put it a 5gallon tank. Kidding. I'm preparing a 1500g pond for this, and it's kinda rare to get a little pima here, and I do want to grow fish from that stage up until to adult size. It's really my joy to raise little fish till to it's adulthood and care for it.

archers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2012
canada
That's why I'm asking, said that only 1 is left, and for the pics it's kinda, I mean, I'm not sure and I'm really asking for help for this one. I might get it. I'm gonna put it a 5gallon tank. Kidding. I'm preparing a 1500g pond for this, and it's kinda rare to get a little pima here, and I do want to grow fish from that stage up until to adult size. It's really my joy to raise little fish till to it's adulthood and care for it.
If you could add a 0 on to the end of the 1500 then I say get him.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
May I ask also, whether if it's the depth or the length or both should be considered for the pond, but what should be prioritized, pond is pretty much easy to work out than a tank IMO. Seen it with other guys who has ponds with them. I'm going to have another thread for it, but really judging from the pics, is it legit other var of pima? or just another normal pima.

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
the eyes is more like the refection from the light surrounding the fish as I see many time in my fishes.
I think you are talking about the flash. In some of the photos, the flash is not present. I'm 100% sure this isn't a regular arapaima.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
I think you are talking about the flash. In some of the photos, the flash is not present. I'm 100% sure this isn't a regular arapaima.
not the flash, the light reflected off the tank wall and and from the other sources go into the eyes. If it just flash it will look different.
and for the OP, does the "only 1 left" mean all that pic is 1 fish?

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
EC, You should pm Phil about this arapaima if you want a solid answer. His screenname is "Oddball". He's a moderator on here. He's very knowledgeable about color morphs and fish overall.

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Also Stones Aquarium in Singapore has imported Axanthic Arapaimas as well.

fishyman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2011
Singapore
Also Stones Aquarium in Singapore has imported Axanthic Arapaimas as well.
I have seen the Panda arapaima, too. --- Black and has blue color rim around the outer part... similar to the one here --- That's why "Panda" in the name. But that that one does not have such pink coloration throughout the whole body.

I have seen elsewhere one that has the pink coloration like this one years ago with another juvenile arapaima that is white.

Looks like this is a real rare arapaima. No "harm" in enquiring about the price before you do further verification...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store