arapaima info

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
god please let this get me kicked off this ****y ass stupid site. your all a bunch of dumb ass ****ing ignerent **** heads that dont know ****ing **** about the hobby and do nothing but pick on people with questions. you all need to ****ing grow up. **** you all.
Way to go prove that you're a mature 26 yr old

Matt S

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Mass
This whole thread is a joke I don't know why it hasn't been closed caused if he had a 7k gallon pond he would have posted a pic in the original post instead we got half way threw 70 replies and he put a a pic of a baby Pima that's probably jammed in a 75 gallon tank.... you could see this thread going here from the start and this should just be closed until he shows pics of the pond he supposedly had so no more drama is started and he doesn't lose his head again like he did for no reason....

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
This half million gallon pond is going to require a nuclear power plant to maintain 80F in the winter.

I like it when people dream big, but this seems a bit far-fetched.
Bingo. As far as being a commercial venture, it is never going to work. It is the kind of thing someone like Richard Branson or Bill Gates would need to fund just for the fun of it, there is no way breeding an enormous tropical species in a climate that requires the water to be heated could ever make enough money to even pay the heating bill, let alone sustain the whole venture.

Nothing wrong with dreaming big, I do it all the time, but make your goals realistic and achieveable and keep your dreams in your head...

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
It's been in the upper 20's at night for the past week in Socorro New Mexico, which is above average for December; according to weather.com, avg low for December is 22F. The avg daytime high in December is 51F.

This half million gallon pond is going to require a nuclear power plant to maintain 80F in the winter.

I like it when people dream big, but this seems a bit far-fetched.
Oh wow I did not know that it got that cold.

Haha ya you would need a lot g power to heat that

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
I think everyone should just calm down. You are all saying hes a 12 year old child boasting about his dreams. So what? Let him dream then. If your flaming a child you need to find something better to do with your time.. People lie all the time so let them, your not going to stop them. I do believe hes a 26 year old and has the ambition of doing his plans. They might be a bit exaggerated but so what, we like to sugar coat. I see so much unnecessary flaming. Just my two cents though, ignore me.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
This whole thread is a joke I don't know why it hasn't been closed caused if he had a 7k gallon pond he would have posted a pic in the original post instead we got half way threw 70 replies and he put a a pic of a baby Pima that's probably jammed in a 75 gallon tank.... you could see this thread going here from the start and this should just be closed until he shows pics of the pond he supposedly had so no more drama is started and he doesn't lose his head again like he did for no reason....

But the thread topic wasn't about him having a tank. Sure it played out that way but truth is we derailed the hell out of it. Youd close a thread about growth rates and hand feeding because someone doesn't have a pic about something unrelated?

Matt S

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Mass
But the thread topic wasn't about him having a tank. Sure it played out that way but truth is we derailed the hell out of it. Youd close a thread about growth rates and hand feeding because someone doesn't have a pic about something unrelated?
I would close it because it got so far off topic it's ridiculous and everyone is saying he's dreaming and lying and what not if he put a pic up and proved to people he's not lying and really has a 7k gallon and his future plan may just be over exaggerated people might get back on topic instead of flaming and derailing the thread which is exactly what happen and start giving him good advice and helping that's all I'm saying

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store