Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 4080 gallon pond with koi

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

k@rls.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2024
Hii, just got my first 6" arapaima from a store and send it through shipping, how do i make sure that it's comfortable and ready to be fed, also do i have to turn the lights on? And how to train it to eat pellet

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
.....have you removed it from the shipping bag yet?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hii, just got my first 6" arapaima from a store and send it through shipping, how do i make sure that it's comfortable and ready to be fed, also do i have to turn the lights on? And how to train it to eat pellet
Welcome aboard
I suggest feeding floating foods such as Hikari Carnivore floating food sticks.
Where do you live ? Arapaima won't survive in climate that gets cold.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

k@rls.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2024
Welcome aboard
I suggest feeding floating foods such as Hikari Carnivore floating food sticks.
Where do you live ? Arapaima won't survive in climate that gets cold.
Do i have to starve it for 3-4 day to make him eat pellet?

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
Nothing but bad luck with pima that small here. Only had successes with 12"+. (3) I got from 12"-15" lived to 4, 4.5, and 5ish ft. respectively. The 3 or 4 i ever bought to grow at the 6"-7" mark basically never ate at all, offered every possible food known to me, many multiple live, frozen, and dry options, and basically slowly wasted away despite my efforts and heartache. So... get them eating anything u can as quickly as possible, in a smaller tank by themselves, with lights off is my recommendation. Hope u have better luck w babies than I have for sure. If all goes well, ween onto pellets by less feeding after they are fat and aggressivly eating. 🤙

k@rls.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2024
Nothing but bad luck with pima that small here. Only had successes with 12"+. (3) I got from 12"-15" lived to 4, 4.5, and 5ish ft. respectively. The 3 or 4 i ever bought to grow at the 6"-7" mark basically never ate at all, offered every possible food known to me, many multiple live, frozen, and dry options, and basically slowly wasted away despite my efforts and heartache. So... get them eating anything u can as quickly as possible, in a smaller tank by themselves, with lights off is my recommendation. Hope u have better luck w babies than I have for sure. If all goes well, ween onto pellets by less feeding after they are fat and aggressivly eating. 🤙
Alright thankss

k@rls.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2024
I put 5 feeder fish in there and it doesn't get interested but after a couple hours i came back and see there is only 2 left

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store