Archers: "Say No To Smoking ?"

shaunman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2006
Boise ID.
I wonder if they would spit at glow in the dark nipple tassels?

Thanks for the feedback.

Fish Room Plus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
A few weeks ago I left the lid of my tank slightly open. The next morning my wife said that there was a leak, water was dripping from the cieling. After scratching my head(there is no plumbing on that side pf the house) I saw the Archer spitting on the ceiling. I then stared to keeping th lid snug after that, but it was 5-6 feet to the ceiling

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
A freind had one in a wide, low tank and a favorite party trick was for someone to to stand several feet away with the lights down dim and wait, within a few minutes their face would be wet. It might take a couple tries but the fish would put out cigarettes and other things at several feet.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
We should email the Myth Busters and see if they'll do this for us!

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
shaunman said:
I wonder if they would spit at glow in the dark nipple tassels?

Thanks for the feedback.
How often do you wear those?

craig

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
LONG ISLAND NY
shaunman said:
Tell me if anybody has done this with an Archer, because I would love to know if it's true.

Some guy with a mullet working at this po-dunk aquarium store, (for years) told me that one of his favorite brackish fish was an Archer.

He said, " Hey man, if you remove the lid from your tank, turn off the lights in the room, and fire up a smoke about 10 feet back from the tank, the Archer will put it out by spitting water at the chery."

He never seemed to have any Archers when I asked him to prove it.
Some saltwater triggers can spit water also.

shaunman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2006
Boise ID.
Only around fishmongers with mullets. LOL.

paOol

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2005
Fish Land
i know archers are brackish fish, but can they live in pure saltwater tanks? with clownfish and live rock and all?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store