Are all arowanas calm eaters?

H]-[H

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Malaysia
You just wait... lmao..
& yeah, try feeding superworms or roaches.. Quoted from Dark Knight Rises "A storm is coming"

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
My green used to hit the pellets hard when young but mellowed out when he got bigger. I'd be happy that they're calm eaters....

[video=youtube_share;5evxXMB7eNc]http://youtu.be/5evxXMB7eNc[/video]

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I had a silver from 6" till 24". He attacked and jumped anytime the lid went up. I had a jar that I got at 2", and when I had to get rid of him to move at about 18" he would calmly eat from my fingers...except those times he bit them and drew blood.

unc3chris

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2012
USA
I think it must depend on the personality of your aro. Personally, mine ate like a psyco when he passed about 12 inches. I have a video of him too. If you want to see it look in the arowana media lounge section

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ICatchSmallone

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2011
California
my aro from way back eat very viciously mainly cuz i fed it feeler fish and they rather just swarm where the opening of the lid and as gobble as much as they could before the school of feeder scatter.

:\ god i miss my pair of aro

strawwoodclaw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2012
Brighouse UK
I had a 16" red banjar that was a very aggressive eater he would jump out of the water & almost bite my fingers off for a worm, he would eat everyday & never refuse a meal. When I showed him food threw the glass he would go mental trying to bust threw the glass to get to it
then a I bought a 4 year old RTG 23" very fat fish but he is a very slow eater & likes to go days without eating, he turns his noes up at meals & will nudge food with his noes & then come back to it before he eats it.
he's still good to watch when he gets in a feeding frenzy but I think if he was in with a bunch of peacock bass he would end up starving

dayak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2010
sacramento
depends on the arowana hunger based on my experience..
some times mine would be aggressive eater sometimes they dont mine sharing or just eating calmly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store