MFK Member
May 4, 2005
jebus said:
hi bros
hmm
i've kept dats for 1 +yr already

have kept all types of dats

thin bars, wide bar, indon, silver, new guinea

would say wide bars are very desired for their nice body shape and goldenyellow colour that stays with them for longer periods of time. they occur is a few colour variation: golden yellow, golden white, reddish orange, reddish brown.
these wide bars arealso more easily made stable(looks nicer) than other dats

next, new guinea tiger(NGT)- campbellis, this dat is a cool dat, it has fuzzy, undefined stripes, with a body shape very different from the other DATs, very aggressive, but its coloration wghen its stable is a superb bright yellow. very vibrant yellow that u cant resist. however its rare and hard to come by.

the third most desired dat, i would say is the thin bar dat,
even when unstable, it does now display a totally black coloration, instead it displays its bars as faded.
when young, the fish's coloration is normally brownish yellow. however as the fish grows bigger, the yellow will turn brighter. however there are some fish that remain brownish yellow. very often passed off as siamese tiger(aka wide bar) in many places. a good specimen would only have 3 thin straight bars on the body, however many LFS sell 3.5 bars.

the forth most desired dat would be the INDOn, as it displays yellow coloration similar to the wide bars. very attractive. however its harder for it to be stable, and the bars r less thick, hence the fish body shape is not that nice. however a plump m stable indon dat will make up for it definitely!

the last dat, is ther silver dat. silvery-brown tinge coloration when young, one of the dats that few people buy due to its unattractive dull silver coloration when older. those who buy this fish are normally dat enthusiaist
Good analysis :clap

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Indo - 50/50 when in comes to stability
Widebar - generally the most stable of tigers, though some are unstable..
Ngt - usually stable most of time
Ntt - hard to find decent grade of thinbar in last 3 years in uk. I notice, either brilliantly stable or really unstable.
At - usually stable most of time

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store