Are sharks considered fish?

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Sharks are fish. Dolphins, whales, and people are not, but some people in this country are pretty close to whales.

eh1421

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2005
*indiana*
lol

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
ewurm;641210; said:
Sharks are fish. Dolphins, whales, and people are not, but some people in this country are pretty close to whales.
haha

Yes, sharks are in the Class Chondrichthyes (cartilaginous fishes)

Whales, dolphins, mantees, and people are in the class mammalia.

Justin_James

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2006
Canada, Nova Scotia
Yes sharks are fish and I would say that the largest fish in the world would be the whale shark. But hey i'm sure there are lots of things way down there we never even seen yet.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
jgdelgado;641975; said:
my ex wife, I believe was part fish....dead rotten fish....maybe some sort of mermaid gone wrong. but yes sharks are fish, no air breathing for them
Anabantoids can breathe air!

Justin_James;642080; said:
Yes sharks are fish and I would say that the largest fish in the world would be the whale shark. But hey i'm sure there are lots of things way down there we never even seen yet.
I think Ocean Sunfish are bigger. Either way, the biggest of the animals feeds on some of the smallest of the animals, PLANKTON!

sicxspeed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Ryht Bye De Beech
I believe that whale sharks are the biggest fish. Ocean Sunfish do get huge however it's mostly in height and they dont have nearly the heft of a whale shark. Big bastards none the less though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store