are there hybrid gars?????

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
i knew he wasnt selling his.
god there has to be someone creating these. HAS TO BE.
howd he get his orginally. someone had to have breed it or artifically breed. ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
Lepisosteus platyrhincus;2723289; said:
i knew he wasnt selling his.
god there has to be someone creating these. HAS TO BE.
howd he get his orginally. someone had to have breed it or artifically breed. ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH
The originator of the fish is not creating more. I believe he is out of business.. someone else might but there are no plans in the works I know of. Another farm is interested in trying these hybridizations again but economics is not favorable. It is not a worthwhile investment.

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
i've got some other pics of the suspected short x longnose that richard has posted (we were out on the same field trip)...these will likely be added to primitivefishes.com in the near future.

as for the croc II...it's a randomly amusing story, but let's just say i stumbled onto that fish.

richard - i'm sure i could convey this message via other means, but what the heck...there is plenty to talk about after the second day of dissections...the Florida gar yielded some very interesting results.

and to get back on track with the original post...yes, there are hybrid gars--
--solomon

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
E_americanus;2723520; said:
i've got some other pics of the suspected short x longnose that richard has posted (we were out on the same field trip)...these will likely be added to primitivefishes.com in the near future.

as for the croc II...it's a randomly amusing story, but let's just say i stumbled onto that fish.

richard - i'm sure i could convey this message via other means, but what the heck...there is plenty to talk about after the second day of dissections...the Florida gar yielded some very interesting results.

and to get back on track with the original post...yes, there are hybrid gars--
--solomon
BTW Sol please note that MFK Now views Primitivefishes as Verboten to Mention... Just like AP...

This you can now find under My pic of the Croc 1...

Last edited by rallysman; Today at 1:28 AM. Reason: thanks for the info, but the free plug is gone

My comment was to visit Primitivefishes.....

Nice how this is going here. I think it is time to fully re-consider our associations with or assistance at all with this website. It has been geting bad but now it is just outright sniping and pathetic crap.

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
Polypterus;2723567; said:
BTW Sol please note that MFK Now views Primitivefishes as Verboten to Mention... Just like AP...

This you can now find under My pic of the Croc 1...

Last edited by rallysman; Today at 1:28 AM. Reason: thanks for the info, but the free plug is gone

My comment was to visit Primitivefishes.....

Nice how this is going here. I think it is time to fully re-consider our associations with or assistance at all with this website. It has been geting bad but now it is just outright sniping and pathetic crap.
thanks for the head's up. as far as i know the links are still active in our sigs. primitivefishes.com is an independently acting reference site, so i don't see what the issue is there...if it becomes prohibited here, i would like to (publicly) hear the reasoning as to why this is the case--
--solomon

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
interesting...have your pics shown back up that you had originally posted? because the editing note you had previously posted no longer says edited by rallysman (one of the mods) but that you edited it...just trying to get things straight.--
--solomon

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
E_americanus;2724698; said:
interesting...have your pics shown back up that you had originally posted? because the editing note you had previously posted no longer says edited by rallysman (one of the mods) but that you edited it...just trying to get things straight.--
--solomon
Post#7

Drop me an E-mail when you get a chance on the Spot dissections..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store