arowana and chinese dragons

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Set up looks nice :thumbup: few things to consider , was the tankscape changed in and above the water when the dragons are added ? Any change in this especially above water level could spook him out of feeding. Also it could be coincidence that the tankmates started bulling him when the dragons were added , noticed you've got a clarius cat on one of the pics they can be a nightmare for aros at times nipping fins from underneath , just a few of my thoughts on your situation

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TimnKasey

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2014
Norman, OK
Your tank is amazing!!
More full tank pics please!
Doea that door slide open sideways? Or am I just seeing it weird?
Do you handle your water dragon? Did you build it all your self?
What filters this?? Do you fully clean it, or just let its' ecosystem function on its own?
Sorry, im loving your tank!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

donnyboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2012
netherland
HI all,EVz. Thx for thinking with me.Above land I've made some changes(from igi to dragon), but not much. About bulling.I don't think that's it. I've never seen them bulling eachother,allthough i've got 2 couples of cichla who are now laying there eggs. So now there's a bit terratoryfight.(I guess that doesn't help me now to cure him)That make's it worse.I quess i've got to keepon trying and see what happens.I don't think he's going to make it.
thx anyway for support.

donnyboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2012
netherland
Hi TimnKasey.thx. But the tank isn't finished yet.I've have to wait till summer in netherland.You're right on how the door slide.It's sideways. For the dragons:i've have them for a month now, so they've got to get used to me.I'm not forcing them. They come to me, when i'm feeding them and they let me pet them a littlebit.So in the futere I can handle them.The tank i've build by myself from betonplex.It has a 1000l potfilter, a bioloog(reverse)inhouse that circulates 3000l an hour and a pressurefilter from 2000l an hour. The tank holds 3500liter water(350x105x100cm=lxdxh).The dragons got rain(automatic) and fog in the mornig(also automatic).There's also a little pool on top and a waterfall. 5 computerfans are installed for air flow. lights are gu10 leds(6000k) and two heat and uvb for the dragons.I only keep the windows clean.Because of the igi(doesn'tswim that much) i've lotst 30 cm between land and water.I'll fix this next summer.Let's hope the aro has made it then.
Thx for compliments.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store