Arowana Aquarium size question

Akechii

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2017
So. I recently got into arowanas. And i started researching aquarium sized. However i live in an area without alot of aquarium activity, Like Theres some 50 ish gallons, But no big ones
But anyways, My question is.
Could an arowana fit in a 185gal tank? (You post sizes since i might just build one myself) Thanks in advance

TheMoneyTank(TMT)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2017
So. I recently got into arowanas. And i started researching aquarium sized. However i live in an area without alot of aquarium activity, Like Theres some 50 ish gallons, But no big ones
But anyways, My question is.
Could an arowana fit in a 185gal tank? (You post sizes since i might just build one myself) Thanks in advance
A 185 would last but not only 12-18 months size is more important than depth with arowana so sizes are as followed
Asian arowana (6x3x2 ft) L,W,H
Jardini arowana (same as above)
Silver arowana (8x4x2ft) minimum for adults L,W,H
Black arowana (same as above)
African arowana (6x4x2ft) L,W,H

Reactions: tlindsey

Akechii

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2017
A 185 would last but not only 12-18 months size is more important than depth with arowana so sizes are as followed
Asian arowana (6x3x2 ft) L,W,H
Jardini arowana (same as above)
Silver arowana (8x4x2ft) minimum for adults L,W,H
Black arowana (same as above)
African arowana (6x4x2ft) L,W,H
Alright thanks. So these are "Lifetime" aquarium sizes or?
And if i'm not wrong the asian arowana tank would be 269 gallons? I'll try to find the needed materials :)
Welcome aboard☺

I personally agree with TheMoneyTank(TMT) TheMoneyTank(TMT)

TheMoneyTank(TMT)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2017
Alright thanks. So these are "Lifetime" aquarium sizes or?
And if i'm not wrong the asian arowana tank would be 269 gallons? I'll try to find the needed materials :)

No problemo :) and yes they are lifetime sizes one thing with Asians though they are alot more aggressive that africans and silver aros

Akechii

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2017
No problemo :) and yes they are lifetime sizes one thing with Asians though they are alot more aggressive that africans and silver aros
No problem :) Not planning for tankmates, Though. I have a couple of questions, Can arowanas have stuff like sand in the aquarium? Alot of tanks for em ive seen is empty :) Now i gotta find the required material!

TheMoneyTank(TMT)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2017
No problem :) Not planning for tankmates, Though. I have a couple of questions, Can arowanas have stuff like sand in the aquarium? Alot of tanks for em ive seen is empty :) Now i gotta find the required material!
It's optional I would advise against gravel as it'd sharp edges can scratch the scales if it freaks out also don't add sharp wood or rocks there is always a chance it can injure itself but fine sand is fine and a few plants

Akechii

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2017
It's optional I would advise against gravel as it'd sharp edges can scratch the scales if it freaks out also don't add sharp wood or rocks there is always a chance it can injure itself but fine sand is fine and a few plants
Thanks a ton dude!
So ill be looking at a 2 plywood bricks (or whatever its called)
91CM Wide (front til back) and 60CM Height for the edges?
and 182CM Plywood for the back. And 182CM's for the glass? :)
(So only 1 glass part)

TheMoneyTank(TMT)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2017
Thanks a ton dude!
So ill be looking at a 2 plywood bricks (or whatever its called)
91CM Wide (front til back) and 60CM Height for the edges?
and 182CM Plywood for the back. And 182CM's for the glass? :)
(So only 1 glass part)
There's alot on diy aquarium made out of plywood look up on youtube
King of diy plywood aquarium he talks you through how to build one

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store