Arowana needs time to adapt?

señor_pescados_felices

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2006
The Real Norcal
I ordered an arowana off of AB and it arrived yesterday morning and I figured maybe it would be hungry after the trip but it hasnt ate anything yet.How long does it usually take for them to get thier appetite back after shipping?

I would have just got one from the LFS but this one is much better quality,and actually has alot of green to him.

I have tried so far flakes,NLS,market shrimp,krill,and live BW.

marcos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2006
n/a
señor_pescados_felices;727616; said:
I ordered an arowana off of AB and it arrived yesterday morning and I figured maybe it would be hungry after the trip but it hasnt ate anything yet.How long does it usually take for them to get thier appetite back after shipping?

I would have just got one from the LFS but this one is much better quality,and actually has alot of green to him.

I have tried so far flakes,NLS,market shrimp,krill,and live BW.
sometimes it takes a few days I would try some small crickets or meel worms at first them try market shrimp and krill

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
congradulations !!!! Post of a picture of the baby when you can.. meal worms and small guppies may entice him ..and then once he is good on that try dry foods.. pellets etc.. lots of luck!:)

ethnics

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
SouthEast SD
mine ate 1 hour after i tossed it in, the other waited 2 weeks before havin a bite. some take time, some dont. jus give it a few days to settle then offer different kinds of foods

MistirE

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2007
Hawaii
I'm sure the little guys a little shocked by the transport to you...anyhow, I'm positive he'll come around soon enough.

ays

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2007
San Diego, CA
hopefully mine doesn't have any problem eating and adjusts right away. i dont want to have to worry about him. :ROFL:

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
leave him be. don't stress. a couple of days is normal.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store