Arowanas and their size.

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
I have a 25 gal planned for a young silver, but I`ll buy a 300 gal in about 9 weeks. Can the young arowana live healthy in the 25 gal or should I wait to get the 300 gal one?
a 50 would make a great growing up tank, but i think your 25 would be fine if you change water every 3 days at about 30%. but your larger tank MUST arrive soon coz silvers grow before your eyes man, believe me;)

moxxommox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 15, 2006
Australia, Sydney
I'm trading up my 6 to a 8ft tank (i don't know the gl I am Australian!)

i'm planning to keep 2 silvers in that, I already have a large one @ 26inches (in the transaction of selling) :p

I would hold off getting it until you do some research on them, and have a good setup.

9 weeks until your get your big tank, and then 2 or so weeks until you break it in with the filtration getting the temp and PH right etc... fish keeping, there is no rush. =) that's the beauty of it.

relax a little, take your time. it's not going anywhere =P

I've spent over 2 months looking for a 8ft and good aquarium stockers of RTC (red tail cats)
all the best dude!

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
i think 4ft+ is a little bit over the top for the size of a silver aro

i think you would be very very lucky to grow one to 3ft+ in a tank

has anyone got any pics of a silver aro over 4ft wild or captive

im not saying its not possable but would just like to see it for myself and until i do see a silver over 4ft then i think 36-40inch is a good if not max size for a silver aro

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
I agree. Delgado seems to think they grow to 5 foot :D

The biggest I have seen is pushing 3 foot. Even the public aquarium aros seem to be around the 3 foot mark, maybe a bit over.

I think trust or neo once posted some aros they said were around 4 foot. I think they were in Japanese tanks. Maybe the Nihon Gos use hormones to grow 4 foot aros? :D

metant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 20, 2006
Philippines
The biggest silver aro i've seen is 36 inches in a 120gal tank. This is a well maintained and well fed aro. I think the tank size is 72" x 20" x 20". But I would not recommend this tank size. Should be at least 72" x 24" x 24" for a 36" silver aro.

I think your 25 gal can hold the silver aro for 9 weeks, just maintain good water quality.

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
the silver will not last long but will last the 9 weeks for you to get your 300 g tank. :)

Finally someone went straight to the question and answered it as pertaining to the rest of the info about the 300 being purchased in 9 weeks...!! Hoooray!!! :ROFL: :ROFL:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store