outside philly
some cool stuff rumble....

Loubard

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 17, 2005
EU
rumblesushi;1848623; said:
Hahaha, 70,000, bloody hell, I'm surprised it didn't crash :)

Actually it's gordon ;) Everyone's favourite PM.

You can see a modified version here, where it's a little more obvious http://rumblesushi.com/AS3/gb1.html
I needed to play COD4 so I needed a new laptop :D (and my old one broke down :irked:)

Never guessed it was Mr. Brown.

What kind of uses do these motion graphics dev have in your line of work? Or put simple, what do you make using these techniques?

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
johnptc;1850086; said:
almost 200k :D working great
Hahahahaha, bloody hell, I never would have thought it was possible. Bitmap rendering sure is good, this would have been 100% impossible before. Flash has always been a vector environment, not bitmap.

Before I could only have literally a few hundred vector particles before things started to chug, or crash. Now you have 200,000 :D

What computer do you have John?

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
Loubard;1849956; said:
I needed to play COD4 so I needed a new laptop :D (and my old one broke down :irked:)

Never guessed it was Mr. Brown.

What kind of uses do these motion graphics dev have in your line of work? Or put simple, what do you make using these techniques?
Well before when I was a Flash developer, I used to create 100% flash websites and also animated content for the web, motion graphics for the web.

Now that I've got back into it however, I'm getting into game development and offline motion graphics, such as music videos, tv, and promos for various aspects of the media.

I was kind of bored of what I was doing before, so I'm going into a more fun area now.

I've also got into rotoscoping recently, which is hand illustrating footage frame by frame, similar to the techniques used in a waking life.

In fact I am looking for a game developer to team up with :mrsatan:

Lou, this uses the same engine as star mayhem, but this time with a webcam http://rumblesushi.com/AS3/wc2.html

Loubard

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 17, 2005
EU
Cool! That's is indeed a cool area to work in. Any work to show?

Link gives an error btw:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at wc2/cammy()
at wc2$iinit()

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
Hmm, that's odd Loubard. Do you have a webcam on your laptop? If so, is it configured properly?

Did a box pop up asking if you want to allow webcam/mic access?

And no not yet Lou, I'm still in the process of finishing my motion graphics portfolio, I've only just switched from Illustration, back to motion graphics so to speak.

I have some commercial work coming up, but it's of the boring variety :)

What do you do Lou?

Holland is a very design oriented country. In fact, it was a Dutch guy who inspired me to start using Flash 6 years ago.

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
Oh, actually I do have quite a lot of past work to show, but it's years old, so pretty out of date and irrelevant for the most part :D

I'll include a few bits on my portfolio though.

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
rumblesushi;1850962; said:
Hahahahaha, bloody hell, I never would have thought it was possible. Bitmap rendering sure is good, this would have been 100% impossible before. Flash has always been a vector environment, not bitmap.

Before I could only have literally a few hundred vector particles before things started to chug, or crash. Now you have 200,000 :D

What computer do you have John?
its on my laptop dell xps m1710

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store