Asian Arboreals

ManicMelvin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
under a rock
I don't think I have ever shown off any of my animals on this site so I decided that I would let you all in on a few of the Asian species I keep. I have a few more Asians but they just didn't feel like cooperating today. Maybe next time I will show off some of my African stuff as well?

Female Vogel's Pit-Viper, in shed:Viridovipera vogeli

Male Vogel's Pit-Viper: Viridovipera vogeli

Female Chinese Bamboo Pit-Viper: Viridovipera stejnegeri

Male Chinese Bamboo Pit-Viper: Viridovipera stejnegeri

Female Wetar Island Pit-Viper: Cryptelytrops insularis

Male Wetar Island Pit-Viper: Cryptelytrops insularis

Female Beautiful Pit-Viper: Cryptelytrops venustus

Female Flat-Nosed Pit-Viper: Trimeresurus puniceus

Female Sri Lankan Pit-Viper: Trimeresurus trigonocephalus

Male Big-Eyed Bamboo Pit-Viper: Cryptelytrops macrops

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
I love those vogels. I have been wanting some for a while now. Be careful around the flat nose vipers too, I had a friend get tagged by one.

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
For the first time I drooled over pit vipers, they are amazing:eek:

kody1192

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Illinois
wow amazing snakes. you definitely need to post pics of the rest of your collection

ManicMelvin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
under a rock
snakeguy101;4180701; said:
I love those vogels. I have been wanting some for a while now. Be careful around the flat nose vipers too, I had a friend get tagged by one.
I'm currently keeping a 2.2 of the vogeli, one breeding pair and one yearling pair; both pairs unrelated.

I appreciate your concern about the puniceus but I've been working with these guys (also have a 2.2) for over 4yrs and am very familiar with their dispositions.

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
ManicMelvin;4180833; said:
I'm currently keeping a 2.2 of the vogeli, one breeding pair and one yearling pair; both pairs unrelated.

I appreciate your concern about the puniceus but I've been working with these guys (also have a 2.2) for over 4yrs and am very familiar with their dispositions.
I wasn't saying you were not experienced, I was just saying be careful. I know a few people that have been keeping hots since before I was alive that got tagged so experience is relevant... all it takes is one slip up. That is all I was saying.

also, when are you expecting baby vogels? I am interested in getting a pair but most of my contacts deal don't carry them, and they have proven difficult to track down...

ManicMelvin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
under a rock
snakeguy101;4180881; said:
I wasn't saying you were not experienced, I was just saying be careful. I know a few people that have been keeping hots since before I was alive that got tagged so experience is relevant... all it takes is one slip up. That is all I was saying.

also, when are you expecting baby vogels? I am interested in getting a pair but most of my contacts deal don't carry them, and they have proven difficult to track down...
Experience isn't relevant to being bitten. I believe you meant to say that irrelevant to the experience your friend possessed, they made a simple error that resulted in the bite. This doesn't pertain only to puniceus, any slip up while dealing with venomous snakes could result in a life threatening situation. I'd rather work with my puniceus than my purpureomaculatus anytime.

I should have baby vogeli within the next few months.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store