Asian arowana interest poll

Would you actually buy an Asian arowana when they become legal? BE HONEST!

• Yes

Votes: 231 87.2%
  • No

Votes: 34 12.8%

• Total voters

henria86

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
Big City...
well if it was cb, i would get 9 of them an build a huge fish room in the basement which im in plans of redoing over... in to my movie room game room

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
id definitely get a few XB when there legal

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
well this has been covered

Asian aros are legal in the UK

and prices are

green £125
g2 red £225 (waste of money)
RTG £325
XBACK/SUPER RED £1200

this is private sellers prices and LFS prices are double

as stated in another thread if you think you are going to get a great looking red or xback like the ones you see on the net for £1200 think again you will need to spend us$10-20k for that grade

you guys in the US drool over all the pics and think if only we can buy this kind of fish

i have said it many times before if they were leagle i find it hard to believe that thousands of people in the US will run out and buy $20k aros or spend $160k on a aro com

some people are happy with RTG or HBRTG but after a few years of keeping aros you need to move up a grade and RTG dont cut it in my eyes

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
T1KARMANN;3582597; said:
well this has been covered

Asian aros are legal in the UK

and prices are

green £125
g2 red £225 (waste of money)
RTG £325
XBACK/SUPER RED £1200

this is private sellers prices and LFS prices are double

as stated in another thread if you think you are going to get a great looking red or xback like the ones you see on the net for £1200 think again you will need to spend us$10-20k for that grade

you guys in the US drool over all the pics and think if only we can buy this kind of fish

i have said it many times before if they were leagle i find it hard to believe that thousands of people in the US will run out and buy $20k aros or spend $160k on a aro com

some people are happy with RTG or HBRTG but after a few years of keeping aros you need to move up a grade and RTG dont cut it in my eyes
Most people are satisfied with having an RTG or a green first, no one said they will jump out and grab $20k aros. And even if they do, Im confident quite a few people will, seeing as Mike from H20 is having great business selling off $30k rays.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Gshock;3582624; said:
Most people are satisfied with having an RTG or a green first, no one said they will jump out and grab $20k aros. And even if they do, I'm confident quite a few people will, seeing as Mike from H20 is having great business selling off $30k rays.
what rays cost $30k you are dreaming most of the high grade BDs are only us$10k max if hes charging $30k thats a rip off and i bet they are selling to Asian country's (japan) :D

Asian country's know the Asian aro market is not as good as before and black rays is were the moneys at thats why they are buying black rays big time to try to get the breeding stocks up
but they are messing things up with the so called SP ray

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
I'm a huge fan of South American Arowanas. However, if Asian Arownas were legalized I would buy a high grade red Arowana first and I would not blink an eye to pay $20.00 extra if the money went back to Asian Arowana conservation if the wild. Something like making a tiger, elephant, or just an Arowana preserve along a strech of river that was good arowana habitat.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Arowana1;3582756; said:
I'm a huge fan of South American Arowanas. However, if Asian Arownas were legalized I would buy a high grade red Arowana first and I would not blink an eye to pay $20.00 extra if the money went back to Asian Arowana conservation if the wild. Something like making a tiger, elephant, or just an Arowana preserve along a strech of river that was good arowana habitat.
so you wouldnt blink a eye at paying us$20,000 for a high grade red :eek:

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
Not $20,000 at least not anytime soon I would have to raise the money. I would buy a baby Red without a doubt if it was a quality red between $1,000 and $5,000. I said I would not blink to pay extra if the money went back to wild Asian Arowana conservation.

Your reading what I wrote inaccurately I said I would pay an extra $20 ($20.00) for an Arowana not an extra $20,000 and towards conservation.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Hao;3582293; said:
id definitely get a few XB when there legal
Sure! And how you're going to do that? :ROFL:

T1KARMANN;3582789; said:
so you wouldnt blink a eye at paying us$20,000 for a high grade red :eek:
This thread is about interested in Asian Arowana, not interested in high grade Asian Arowana :grinno: There are different size of shoes that fit different people feet! ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store