Asian Arowanas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
There shop is about fifteen min drive away from me how have I never come across them before , ill go check them out when I get chance see how healthy the stock is looks cheep cheep though could be smiles all round :D

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
so should i post a new thread cause somehow this thread isnt even about my topic on asian arowana apart from a fellow ontarian post.... -.-
Id say 7x3x2 for an asian to be housed and thrive. However, I see them being housed in 6x2x2 180gals.

Same footprint for an African aro.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
so should i post a new thread cause somehow this thread isnt even about my topic on asian arowana apart from a fellow ontarian post.... -.-
Apologies, for some reason I got mixed up with which was the OP. I was even questioning why the other guy said he was from ontario when we were talking about £10 fish in uk lol... its tank depth you are looking for, tank can be as long and as tall as you like but if the fish cant turn round it would be pretty sucky for it. If I had 30" rather than 24" depth I might consider an asian. Even though it would probably live a long time in a 24" depth I know I dont have the option to go bigger. Thats just me though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
Apologies, for some reason I got mixed up with which was the OP. I was even questioning why the other guy said he was from ontario when we were talking about £10 fish in uk lol... its tank depth you are looking for, tank can be as long and as tall as you like but if the fish cant turn round it would be pretty sucky for it. If I had 30" rather than 24" depth I might consider an asian. Even though it would probably live a long time in a 24" depth I know I dont have the option to go bigger. Thats just me though.

yh your correct. 30"+would be better but some people don't have the ability. I think we can agree that 24" height be the minimum.

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
yh your correct. 30"+would be better but some people don't have the ability. I think we can agree that 24" height be the minimum.

Yeah, id say so

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Have you read the stickys? You will need to build a knowledge base and then ask specific questions. Youll get lots of info some conflicting. Your gonna have to make an effort to do some research on your own.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
anyways back to my question lol how long could i house an African aro in a 6.5x2x2? considering they are 10cm atm
You should consider starting you own thread. Especially since your question is pretaining to a different fish then the op's question

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Have you read the stickys? You will need to build a knowledge base and then ask specific questions. Youll get lots of info some conflicting. Your gonna have to make an effort to do some research on your own.
Ditto, do some research first and if you aren't an experienced fish keeper then asian arowana's may not be for you. Putting an asian arowana in your tank along with a stingray before you know what you are doing is going to lead to trouble down the road. These fish are for more advanced aquarists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store