asian fighting fish

fishfreak317

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
flowerhorncraze.com
i have never heard of this type of fish. except for the Siamese Fighting Fish which is a Betta. they do appear to have quite alot of midas of RD in them. also appear quite torn to shreds too.

one thing you must keep in mind is that most cichlids FIGHT especially for dominance and territories. ppl prolly just fight them for betting purposes, and this is prolly where the name comes from.

if you would be looking to breed them, just go at it like any other larger CA/SA cichlid.

this all boils down to someone trying to make some extra money slapping a label like that on some cichlid. on some poor quality FH or hybrid project. ppl like this severely piss me off.

sicxspeed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Ryht Bye De Beech
this might only be an Asian fighting cichlid because it was housed with other cichlids, it used to fight in an Asain household.....but other then that, those are Midas/RD

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
sicxspeed;1435036; said:
this might only be an Asian fighting cichlid because it was housed with other cichlids, it used to fight in an Asain household.....but other then that, those are Midas/RD
:ROFL:

ShadowBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2007
Poplar Bluff, MO
They look like poorly bred RD, Midas or a mix of the two to me. There may be something else mixed in there, but no matter, they're not worth anything since they're not an actual strain.

They're also very beat up, which is quite sad, and they should really be seperated.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store