ATF/Dorado/Goonch/Datnoid PICS!!

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Love the ATF's they are beefy!
I like your idea of moving the dats back to the 220 and the goonches back to the 400g. Im sure all parties would be happy on that move. I wish the smaller version of the goonch b. suchus would re appear in the market...not now but in a few months. HOw ya like cleaning the sand w/ that much of it? Looks like you went a little overboard on the sand...IMO....kinda hard to vac 4" of sand?

djaalix

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2011
Mahopac Falls, NY
thanks guys! goonches are both about a year old, got them at about 7 inches and now their about 18 and 20 inches (on the modest side), so fast i guess.... but i have a feeding problem, and also keep them at 80 degrees so my growth rates may be higher than the norm.... wish i could have left them in the big tank with everyone else, they loved it! but 1 just started not playing nice so their in time out until futher notice :(
Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
he's my atlantic tarpon.... most peaceful happy and the biggest fish in there... like 16-17 inches his scales are like the size of nickles! and an awesome predator in his own right!
I thought it was a tarpon...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

djaalix

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2011
Mahopac Falls, NY
lol! it was fun rinsing all the sand, i can tell you that! i just dont like barebottom, looks so unrealistic.... i have so much current that generally debris is kicked up into the overflows .... but the current is a double edged sword, cause it makes sand dunes that i level out every 2-3 days.... however this is probably a good thing cause when i rake it back it frees up any garbage that gets trapped, and i do this constantly so no vacuuming is necessary.... i want to make my 220 sand as well, i hate cleaning the gravel, takes so long, and the fish seem to like the sand much more .... i probably will never put gravel in any tank ever again, sand is so much easier and nicer looking IMO

djaalix

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2011
Mahopac Falls, NY
and Chicx i cant wait for you to get a goonch, but i would go with an Indian... dont get me wrong, the thai are beautiful as well, but you have a Goliath, so continue to go heavy.... the aggression and power is what i love, not too mention the indian variety seem more lean and muscular

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Good to hear w/ the sand dunes. I too have that issue...it has its ups and downs. More postive keepn the sand clean tho.

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Awesome stock! Anymore close up pics of that armatus?

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
What's the main differences of the thai and indian goonch?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store