ATF or Aussie aro?

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
How much current are you running? Most of that stock doesn't like current. Current seems to be key to helping ATF come around.

My main concern with getting an ATF for that stock is the size of the current fish. The ATF would likely be smaller than most of your fish and would also grow much slower.

IMO, the aro is a much better option for you. They don't like current, they grow fast enough to catch up with everyone else if you are forced to get a small one and they are much easier to care for than the needy ATF. If you get a jar, things might be difficult; but if you can get a lei it should work out just fine.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
How much current are you running? Most of that stock doesn't like current. Current seems to be key to helping ATF come around.

My main concern with getting an ATF for that stock is the size of the current fish. The ATF would likely be smaller than most of your fish and would also grow much slower.

IMO, the aro is a much better option for you. They don't like current, they grow fast enough to catch up with everyone else if you are forced to get a small one and they are much easier to care for than the needy ATF. If you get a jar, things might be difficult; but if you can get a lei it should work out just fine.
I recant my last statement. The master has spoken

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England

I have an fx5, an eheim pro and a large power head, most of the current is directed towards the top of the tank, everything in there seems happy... I will research more about it, what are the fish that least like current? If I got the aro then I could probably loose the powerhead.

What about if I found a larger 1? What would be your main concern? The only thing I can think of that's a danger of eating ATF's is the ray?

Yea I would definitely try to find a lei if possible

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Good stuff on the wyckii... jardini are the spawn of evil mate make sure its the rarer aussie!-) could try an odoe they are very cool, easily overlooked by everyone on a mission to get the biggest nastiest fish, they grow faster will be around a foot by year one then carry on to around 15 inch if well cared for.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
Good stuff on the wyckii... jardini are the spawn of evil mate make sure its the rarer aussie!-) could try an odoe they are very cool, easily overlooked by everyone on a mission to get the biggest nastiest fish, they grow faster will be around a foot by year one then carry on to around 15 inch if well cared for.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I know they are, I was really lucky with my last 1 it was really peaceful so I doubt i would get lucky twice lol I already have an odoe but I think the tank will still look pretty empty at the top especially when the bigger 1 is built :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store