Atlantic stingray help

JaimeS15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2018
Hello everyone, my local fish store had an Atlantic stingray and sold it to me under the pretense that it could last in freshwater. After I looked into it more I have realized it needs a saltwater setup to really survive. I know I should have looked into it more before getting it, but I would like some help on how to transition it and my tank to saltwater. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Can add marine salt over several weeks to brackish and then several weeks again to full marine. They can get big and require lots of tank real estate and filtration. Much more biowaste than true freshwater stingrays.

If u change ur mind it then return it back to ur lfs.

JaimeS15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2018
Can add marine salt over several weeks to brackish and then several weeks again to full marine. They can get big and require lots of tank real estate and filtration. Much more biowaste than true freshwater stingrays.

If u change ur mind it then return it back to ur lfs.
Thank you, would I add marine salt directly to the tank, or add mix it into my new water when I do water changes?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Thank you, would I add marine salt directly to the tank, or add mix it into my new water when I do water changes?
Always mix into new water during water changes.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store