ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS...

Arthur

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2005
michigan
There's a sticky of someone asking why some closed threads continued to get post counts. A mod closed it and then a few mods continued posting smart remarks just to show they could. A closed thread should be a closed thread. How is that not hypocritical.
Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I would suggest to grow a sense of humor

As far as trying to get around profanity filters that are set in place for a reason, it's just sort of dumb to try and represent a word if you know that word is not supposed to be used on a site. I really don't see how being able to swear will help the hobby in any way. This seems to be a senseless argument.

Red_Man

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2010
Indiana
BUMP:popcorn:

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
Really, you think kids cannot tell what the words are? Come on, they know what you are saying when you use symbols. Also if a parent were to see the post and then block kids that would be terrible. The fish hobby is filled with older people who are dying. The local clubs and organizations are dying for new members to fill their ranks. If kids are turned away it could be the end of the hobby in the future. So please keep with the agreed rules in the TOS.

aaronb

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2011
Cawker City, KS
I would suggest to grow a sense of humor

As far as trying to get around profanity filters that are set in place for a reason, it's just sort of dumb to try and represent a word if you know that word is not supposed to be used on a site. I really don't see how being able to swear will help the hobby in any way. This seems to be a senseless argument.
Don't quote me please. Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
I really don't see how being able to swear will help the hobby in any way.
it won't

but there is a whole lounge board that is non fish related where there are often humourous threads that would benefit from a bit more relaxed stance against mild language.

like the funny pic thread. there are tons of hilarious pics that could posted but some contain PG13 language and as such cannot be posted.

as long as profanity is not used in personal attacks against other members, it makes more a more fun lounge environment IMO.

but I don't make the rules, I just go by them.

its just a suggestion thats all.

Wiggles92

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
Pennsylvania
Get this thread back on track please. This is not a soapbox for feelings regarding the staff, it's a friendly reminder to the community to help avoid warning and/or infractions for members who didn't know better or may have forgot.

Thanks in advance.
Really, you think kids cannot tell what the words are? Come on, they know what you are saying when you use symbols. Also if a parent were to see the post and then block kids that would be terrible. The fish hobby is filled with older people who are dying. The local clubs and organizations are dying for new members to fill their ranks. If kids are turned away it could be the end of the hobby in the future. So please keep with the agreed rules in the TOS.
Exactly.

Out of curiosity, though, why is this thread still open? It seems like people are now using it to bash the mods and the TOS rather than discuss the main purpose of the thread...

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Because of the profanity filters, I can't even post my street address in PMs. Makes for a pain in the "hind quarters" when trying to sell someone something for pick up or have something sent to my house:(

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
I agree with your point, but... now I'll just be grateful if I survive tonights' water change. That gets kinda risky every once in a while.
LOL.

;-)

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
I'm shocked oddballs patience has lasted this long. Is this the same man who banned me for a free Kevin with every happy meal avatar? How is this thread still standing?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store