AUL in the 600.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
awesome looking. nice driftwood youve got, plecos would love that, but prob couldnt keep with the AUL.
cant remember if ive already asked, but in a lot of pictures ive seen (prob all wildcaught) the AULs have an orange pigment in kinda the belly region. i mean really intense orange. what causes that? age/locality/food?

angeladay

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
So Cal
www.youtube.com
My suggestion--how about wrapping the stand with wood boards by using elastic magnetic strips? Something I always wanted to try should I ever get a setup like yours.

I really want to see your native arowana happily swimming there! :naughty: Perhaps you can do silver and leichardi comm tank with rays? It'll look stunning.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
redtailfool;569054; said:
Damn steve... those pics strained my heart a bit... You got me jealous with that setup !!!
Thanks bro :)

Your fish alone have got me jealous bro :(

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
angeladay;568955; said:
My suggestion--how about wrapping the stand with wood boards by using elastic magnetic strips? Something I always wanted to try should I ever get a setup like yours.

I really want to see your native arowana happily swimming there! :naughty: Perhaps you can do silver and leichardi comm tank with rays? It'll look stunning.
I thought about it...but I like the curtain...it actually looks pretty good too.

I'd like to see the leichardti cruising in there too...but i'm afraid he will bully everything :(

I am aiming to achieve a monster comm tank with this.

And honestly...I think he enjoys it outdoors anyway...constant supply of insects and sunlight etc.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
davo;568799; said:
awesome looking. nice driftwood youve got, plecos would love that, but prob couldnt keep with the AUL.
cant remember if ive already asked, but in a lot of pictures ive seen (prob all wildcaught) the AULs have an orange pigment in kinda the belly region. i mean really intense orange. what causes that? age/locality/food?
Pretty sure that comes with age....but I know what you mean.

My AUL are actually a lot more orange than what you see in those pix..the flash really washed them out.

They don't have much orange on the belly though.

Louie_Hawj

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2006
Toccoa Falls, GA
Nice tank Steve. Love the tinfoils too, how big are the tinfoils?

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Louie_Hawj;569809; said:
Nice tank Steve. Love the tinfoils too, how big are the tinfoils?

Tinfoils are approx 25cm.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store