Australian arowanas?

casperbgk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2006
NSW, Australia
hi
someone once told me that leichardtis are less agressive cause most of them are from farms in Qld but that jardinis are mostly wild caught. ive got no idea were the ones in america come from tho. my toga (leichardti) was a sook, never hurt anyone

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
DeLgAdO said:
oh yes.........very nasty

trys to kill you, but not the feeders :ROFL:
There is a difference between being nasty and lazy LOL :ROFL:

Jbol

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2006
Washington
So what I'm hearing is that it isn't a good idea to have a Jardini and a Stingray, because that is what I'm planning on doing as soon as I learn more about the stingray and get a bigger tank.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
I reallly would not reccomend it.

paintboi101

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
Planet Earth
well not really, only some fish my jar dont like but i got a

leapord pleco
wip tail cat
ralph cat
pike
bicher
and a new fish i cant identify lol

and my jar dont touch them, the only fish that it tryed to attack and kill was my clownknife, but that was because my pike and jar cornered it and was like jumping it in the little corner. it was kinda sad and funny when u think about it. anyways i think it should do ok, as long as the other fish is not too small to fight back if its attacked.

and yes, my clownknife is ok, i gave it away to my friend. so dont worrie lol

mrnivlek

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
Sydney, Australia
hi
someone once told me that leichardtis are less agressive cause most of them are from farms in Qld but that jardinis are mostly wild caught. ive got no idea were the ones in america come from tho. my toga (leichardti) was a sook, never hurt anyone
I wish my leichardti was like that. :cry: I've got an approx 12-13 inches Leichardti and it killed so far my 2x 8 inch common pleco, 1x 6 inch Tiger Oscar And 1x 6 inch Red Devil. This was when my Leichardti was about 8-9 inches when he killed my Tiger Oscar and Red Devil. The Pleco's was the most recent. Now he is just by himself in the tank and is planned to stay that way for a long time!

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
jars have established that reputation of being the black sheep in the aro family, but leichs are just as nasty if not a little less. but if i would be asked to rank them, i'd still rate the jardini as number 1, but i wont ever say the leichs are lightweights

JCA

Candiru
MFK Member
May 12, 2006
Washington, US
if you want non aggressive go with black aro. my dads silver is evil in a sense lol. blacks are pretty shy from what ive heard, and mine isnt any different yet. however i just bought him too, he should change in a couple days

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store