Awsome day!

wareagle12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2011
Thunder Bay On
I just ordered my first aro today. Will be here next Thursday. I have done plenty of research but any advice you can give will be great. He/she will be between 3 to 4 in. What did you start off feeding your baby aro? You know anything you did not know when you started that I should. He is going in a 55 shared with a ghost kinife that is around 4 I'm growing out. Then into the 120 after, and then into the big tank that is only awaiting glass to be finished. There He will be homed with a gkf, a ckf, and one day if I ever find one a peacock. Don't ask the size of the big tank please. When it is finished it will be posted. Please don't make this about tank size. Just advice about keeping a healthy aro. Oh yeah he is a silver. Kind of cool this is my 100th post to brag. All I Can say is you MFKers you have cost me alot of monkey suck'n money. This all started with a 36 gal bow front I bought in July and now since I have seen all your pics, and read all your post I have only spent around 4 grand on the hobby. Would not have it any other way though. Oh yeah to all my freinds out there my wife says please send food. LOL

FishRfine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2007
Clarksville, MD
Congrats on your new baby! My arowana loved live food when it was young, after that it didn't much care. Crickets, earthworms, and feeder guppies are all good bets for the first few months, along with a good pellet if you can get him eating it. I'd avoid mealworms at first, because young arowanas seem to have problems digesting them. Enjoy your aro!

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
start w/ hikari food sticks....maybe you'll get lucky and it'll go straight for the pellets.

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
yes, go with the hikari floating pellets. chances are he will take them straight away. good luck

BrandonJ3vino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2012
Salinas
My first Arowana started off eating bloodworms and crickets, from there he started eating pincher bugs and small fish then he ate dried and frozen shrimp but good luck and congrats

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store