Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia

qldmick

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2016
The Brisbane river these fish are breed from are an introduced population to boost Australian Lungfish numbers. They naturally come from a bit further north occurring in the Burnett and Mary river systems. The Brisbane River upstream of Wivenhoe Dam is loaded with Lungfish.

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
The Brisbane river these fish are breed from are an introduced population to boost Australian Lungfish numbers. They naturally come from a bit further north occurring in the Burnett and Mary river systems. The Brisbane River upstream of Wivenhoe Dam is loaded with Lungfish.
I've seen some in the North Pine Dam. It seems like the places we've introduced lungfish to do better than their natural range.

thiswasgone

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2014
California
You've got an insane growth rate on that AUL. From my understanding this species is extremely slow growing with most of the literature I've read stating most wild AUL from the Burnett River (one of two native rivers they are found in) only grow to about 40cm after 5 years (Brooks & Kind 2002)!

If you don't mind could you give us a general rundown of your feeding schedule for this fish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store