baby florida spotted

I LIKE FISH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2008
USA
I just got two new baby florida gars. They are about 4". I put them in their 20 gal growout with about 20 guppies. Two days later they're gone. I put them in on friday. Since the guppies are gone i put in market shrimp everyday and removed it. They are not eating it. Any way get them to eat the shrimp? They don't even seem interested.

city_of_evil6661

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
gainesville ga
I LIKE FISH;1919329; said:
I just got two new baby florida gars. They are about 4". I put them in their 20 gal growout with about 20 guppies. Two days later they're gone. I put them in on friday. Since the guppies are gone i put in market shrimp everyday and removed it. They are not eating it. Any way get them to eat the shrimp? They don't even seem interested.
any pics??

I LIKE FISH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2008
USA
Sorry no camera at the moment. It's since friday and still no interested in market shrimp. Any ideas or tips?

city_of_evil6661

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
gainesville ga
I LIKE FISH;1920272; said:
Sorry no camera at the moment. It's since friday and still no interested in market shrimp. Any ideas or tips?
put some feeders in with and while he was chasing the feeders throw some shrimp or something in with him. and hopefully he will take not realizing its not a feeder. i have never tried this but i heard of it working for some people on here.

I LIKE FISH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2008
USA
I used two chopsticks and wiggle shrimp at the top. They don't even seem interested. Dropped the shirmp in front of their face. Both of them don't seem intersted. Any other tips?

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
tad small to work with getting it off feeders, i'd wait till it's at least 6" maybe even 7" before trying. if not, you could try using a feeding stick to dangle small pieces of shrimp in front of him. usually i just throw it in, but if that doesn't seem to work then try the feeding stick. good luck.

snakebite22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2008
USA
i got a needlenose gar in my 55g growout tank although he'll stay in it...anyways when i got him all he would eat is live but over the last couple months he has taken to krill and mysis shrimp very well. now i only need to feed my tiger shovelnose till he converts over.

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
just wait it out.
theyll eat in soon.
i got mine off in 2 days when they were 4 inches.
but dont let them get too skinny.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store