Baby Oscar only eats pellets

32Bit_Fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2016
I am not going to worry about nitrate level in my tank even if I added firemouth in the tank cuz I do 80% w/c twice a week.

Now I'm worry about the compatible issues if I ever need to move the firemouth back. to that tank.

32Bit_Fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2016
Ok guys.

Finally I moved the fire mouth back to the main tank where the Oscar is. Now the Oscar is a little bigger than the FM. I see both of them stand their ground. I just saw the Oscar was posed to attack and the FM opened his mouth with blood red gills flashing out. It looks pretty intimidating.

Any chance that I can add some other fish that can spread out the aggression in this tank? Also, the pleco couldn't find anything to eat after he/she cleaned up all the tank wall with algae. I dump in algae woffer. The pleco doesn't eat it. What else can I try to feed the pleco?

Can I add blood parrot fish in this tank? It's a BB 75G with 80% w/c twice a week.

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
I'm not the stocking police, but you've got too much in this 75g as is. I keep an oscar and a green severum in my 75g and that's pushing it. I can easily keep nitrates <20ppm between a single weekly fin-level water change, but it's not just about that. More fish need more space to keep their distance when they need to.

32Bit_Fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2016
I will upgrade to a 150G if necessary. But right now the tank looks so empty.

I will stick to these three fish for now. The Oscar is such chicken ****.

joshua752

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
United States
you are overstocked do not add anything im glad you want to stick with 3 fish if i were you i would ditch the pleco thats a bad fish to have in that tank it will add so much waste exchange for a syno catfish if you must have 3 fish I would get a featherfin squeaker or common synodontis.

32Bit_Fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2016
Back to square one. I moved the FM to another tank. He was getting so aggressive towards the Oscar and causing stress.

The Pleco couldn't find any more algae to eat. so I don't think it is going to last long. No waste from pleco and low nitrate. I don't worry about the nitrate level anyway since I do a lot of water change, at least not yet.

joshua752

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
United States
just wait when you have a giant adult common llego with an adult Oscar you will have more than your hands full. Like I said I would get a smaller catfish and get ride of the pleco.

32Bit_Fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2016
Syno cat fish max 10-12". I thought you were going to recommend a red tail cat fish. LOL

Anyway I will ask my LFS to see if I can get a store credit for the pleco.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store