Background - clear, blue, black, mirror

FIU Panther

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2008
South Florida
I went with black and used Plastidip. I used two cans to cover the back of a 125g although three would be better. It's pretty foolproof just spray it in layers. The chemical reaction as it cures leaves no spray lines. The best part is when you want to change it, you just peel it off.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Another very cheap method is acrylic paint and a mini decorators roller , couple of layers looks great , peels off easy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Unattended Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2010
near but far
I went similar route as jardini though I used latex paint. Since I didn't want lug the 125 outside again to just paint I bought latex paint and applied it myself with a brush. Personally I don't care for spray paint because can't work with it indoors where roll or brush on can be applied pretty much anywhere.

ukgoffer

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2012
Westport, CT
I was going to ask whether plasti dip could be used inside. Would it drift if I built a tent? Taking the tank back out to the garage isn't an option.

everlastace

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2011
Utah
I was going to ask whether plasti dip could be used inside. Would it drift if I built a tent? Taking the tank back out to the garage isn't an option.
I did mine inside. Just opened the closest window and pointed a fan at it. Put a drop cloth down and went at it. Really didn't make much of a mess. the drift dries before it ever hits the ground so it just sweeps up.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Unattended Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2010
near but far
With latex paint you can apply it with a brush or roller which IMO is less messy, no overspray on near objects. On top of that if you don't like it you pretty much can "peel" it off.

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
Blackkkk. ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1417345884.690943.jpg

I didn't paint mine, I told the guy I bought the tank from to paint it for me. He used either latex or plastidip, it's pretty thick feeling, no lines, no gloss, and kind of a rubbery feeling to it. If I wanted to peel it off I feel like I could do so easily in one piece.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ukgoffer

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2012
Westport, CT
Blackkkk. View attachment 1049729

I didn't paint mine, I told the guy I bought the tank from to paint it for me. He used either latex or plastidip, it's pretty thick feeling, no lines, no gloss, and kind of a rubbery feeling to it. If I wanted to peel it off I feel like I could do so easily in one piece.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Nice looking tank. Is that from glass cages? What is your set-up?

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Looking good Nigel! I'm liking the plastic/live plant combination. Throw in a few large rocks and hide those filter parts and you're all set!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store