Bacteria affecting new rays

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
can you post a clear video? or get somebody who can get a clear video? i would like to see this better...

sam buckle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
cornwall
i just saw the pictures of the waxy white lumps on the underside of the rays disc. and to me they look very similar to carp pox. a herpes virus which is unfortunately untreatable. it is probably occuring due to stress and is separate from the bacterial infection causing the disc rot. here is a link to a page on carp pox. Optimal water conditions and time may clear it up.
http://www.koiquest.co.uk/Cpox.pdf

sbrodacz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2009
Illinois
I've been reading through this for the last hour and got disappointed when it ended. It's like a bad ending to a good movie. How is everything going any updated? Maybe another thread was started?

skynoch

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2007
edmonton alberta canada
Everything is going good with the 3 xingu rays that are left. To this day I'm still not sure what it was or what cured it for sure. I just know stress brought it on and it spread very quickly.

lincolngoh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2007
Singapore Serangoon Gdn
Ive killed rays with may things, furan is one of them. I have not used any medication for years except an annual anti parasite dose to keep internal parasites in check.

Good clean water seem to be the best solution. Plus safe live food to boost their health.

skynoch

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2007
edmonton alberta canada
lincolngoh;5004080; said:
Ive killed rays with may things, furan is one of them. I have not used any medication for years except an annual anti parasite dose to keep internal parasites in check.

Good clean water seem to be the best solution. Plus safe live food to boost their health.
When I look back at this thread there is so many things I would have done different and was still very new at this, my inexperience was probably the cause of most the problems. The furan/furan2 is not a safe ray med I would also agree with.

lincolngoh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2007
Singapore Serangoon Gdn
I now treat all medication as ray unsafe unless proven otherwise. I had a serious case of the dumb when I first started some time back without the benefit of the information available now. I tried new things and failed, but thats how I learned, by pushing a few rays over the edge. I've even killed a ray by trying to treat it for internal parasites with garlic extract like a dog. =P Luckily I'm done with that now.

cheon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2011
canada
Scott did xingu live ?I read the whole tread and as to dissapoited by the ending lol.

skynoch

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2007
edmonton alberta canada
cheon;5004554; said:
Scott did xingu live ?I read the whole tread and as to dissapoited by the ending lol.
The one that passed the hook lived but unfortunatly one of the 4 xingu died and this was by my inexperience at the time that caused this. I panicked and thought the worse and started treating for the worse causing lots of other problems. I've learned my lesson but am still learning. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store