BAD ***$$$$$ 500 gal setup 8'x5x20" ALOT of pics

FishInTheFort

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2010
Fort Wayne, Indiana
I have to agree, great looking tank. Makes me look at my 180 gal and think it's way to small and that it's time to move up lol

sponger_2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2006
USA
alright so we've changed up some things. Right off the bat we moved one of the driftwoods out so as to make more room for the fish. When there are 15+ abalios, 4 heckelii, and some rays ( i know) it starts to get crowded. lol. Also changed the plumbing. The pump is a sequence 3600 gph and with the restrictions we had (1" piping) going into the tank we figured we were getting somewhere in the neighborhood or 2000 gph. We have since stepped up to 2" all the way back into the tank. Now were looking at around 2900gph.
We also have a quiet one 4000 with a spray bar attached and that goes along the back wall. Well here are some pics. Ill post up some pics of the sump in a bit.

noyakfat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Definitely a great move to have a sand substrate rather than bare tank bottom. Congrats on the realization of a big dream project. I like the footprint, and consider that more important to the well-being of your fish than excessive depth. I bet it looks deeper in the flesh than in the photos. Well done!

Cheers,
Nige

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store