BAD ***$$$$$ 500 gal setup 8'x5x20" ALOT of pics

Smok3o3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2010
Colorado
Nice get!!! Cant wait to see it set up!!!

I was checking out that classified earlier this week, nice to see someone here getting it

duipo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
England
subbed :)

Rayne

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2010
Wowzers!

south coast nelly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
UM ER WOW, You are xstreme fish keepers now, love it, Get the aqua gear out and have a wee swim, you missus must be strong,put alot of blokes to shame iam sure,hehe
is this your missus

zebvance

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2009
College Station TX
south coast nelly;4579731; said:
UM ER WOW, You are xstreme fish keepers now, love it, Get the aqua gear out and have a wee swim, you missus must be strong,put alot of blokes to shame iam sure,hehe
is this your missus

I almost puked when I saw this..........:footinmou

sponger_2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2006
USA
Alright so after we got the tank home and took the trailer back we had to sleep. After i slept only 2 hrs i still felt awake so i got up and started wiping off and cleaning the tank. It even had tree sap on it from sitting outside. By the time i was finished wiping it down my girl was up and helped me move it to where it will be setup. Here are some pics and a beer bottle and bucket for comparison:

If you guys remember the whole bottom was still covered in the protective paper the tank came with.

From this pic you can see I first used cooking oil on the left, and water/steam in the middle. I wasnt sure what would work the best so i figured id try it all. Even goo gone.

I found that the oil was WAY to messy, the steam worked really well for the outer paper but not the sticky stuff. I was able to get all the outer paper off pretty fast, 1 hr so.

After i got the outer paper off, I sprayed on the goo gone and let it sit till later that night. When my girl got home from work, we both started doing work on the tank. NOW, i gotta tell you guys that i did use a razor. It did leave fine scratch marks, but the bottom will be painted and sand will be in it. So i was fine with it.

at around 12 midnight, booya!

cleaned up and getting ready for paint.

thats all for now. enjoy.:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store